• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

So that lump of horse manure I dumped down the road from your place did not have the desired effect.

You have a fraught automatic telling machine?
    Or, fraught air traffic movements (management)
    Last edited by ladymuck; 25 December 2019, 18:44.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The freecell score today was 92%, with the running average being 82%.
      Will you reset the running average at midnight on 31 December, or some other equally arbitrary date/time?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Will you reset the running average at midnight on 31 December, or some other equally arbitrary date/time?
        Nope. That's the running average of all the games I've played on that particular box.

I've been playing freecell since the Win32s days (the thing that sat on top of Win16 to allow you to run some Win95 apps).

I'm still fairly crap at it.

As the above shows.

Just found another song I can't listen to: "My favourite dress" by Eddi Reader.

It's about a conversation with a 90 year old lady in a care home who thinks she's still 18.

It came on "Loose Ends" and reduced me to tears.

Bit close to home that one.

Can't listen to "Fields of Gold" either.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Xmas and Chanukah silence broken over Mary's Little Lamb. Sweet thing didn't stand a chance. Had to have a little Gammon too, to remind me of the recent election. Just one glass of bubbles the whole day. I've had a surfeit of booze since Xmas bench came into play on 29 November.

The Waitresses and The Boss still hold joint #1 in my Hit Parade.

Happy Chrismukah to all TPD denizens.

Quick exit...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

There doesn’t seem to be very much to watch on the telly, despite there being more than the three channels that used to seem adequate at Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Nope. That's the running average of all the games I've played on that particular box.

I've been playing freecell since the Win32s days (the thing that sat on top of Win16 to allow you to run some Win95 apps).

I'm still fairly crap at it.

As the above shows.

Just found another song I can't listen to: "My favourite dress" by Eddi Reader.

It's about a conversation with a 90 year old lady in a care home who thinks she's still 18.

It came on "Loose Ends" and reduced me to tears.

Bit close to home that one.

Can't listen to "Fields of Gold" either.
              hell of voice you should try some other songs.

ListenHotMusic.com

I like the patience of angels,

same with Eva Cassidy.

as you say too close to home. Mr V Senior, Senior suffered and it was sad to see a man that who had been a hero and leader just completely lost.Very cruel disease.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

luncheon was a meal at Chef & Brewer with Mrs V's mum and her side. Pate, roast turkey,ham & stuffing wiyh all the trimmings.not had tea etc as I am full.

All good fun except our Niece is becoming our Nephew which the in laws are having trouble with (tbh honest everyone is). So i stuck my nose in and didn't manage to piss everyone off (calling that a first) her->him's mother actually called him by his male name and called him him so its a start. His Gran's describing him as a sort of a bloke and the wife has agreed our kids can use his man name which of course is incredibly important to him.

So an absolute result goodness knows how that happened, a bit of XMAS magic. remember the only thing that is important is that you can cuddle your kids and tell them that you love them. Do that often!!!

Happy XMAS & New year to you all.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  as you say too close to home. Mr V Senior, Senior suffered and it was sad to see a man that who had been a hero and leader just completely lost.Very cruel disease.
                  MY FAVOURITE DRESS
                  by Eddi Reader/ John Douglas/ Simon Dine

Can I put on my favourite dress?
                  It’s deep electric blue
                  Hand it down, I kept it good
                  Bet it’s still like new
                  I’ll put it on and fix my hair
                  The way we all would do
                  I want to walk Argyle Street
                  Like I used to do
                  And turn their heads and win respect
                  See just what I could do.
                  Felt like I could fly and fill the sky
                  And everything was new
                  It’s sweetheart neck
                  And debut style,
                  Deep electric blue.
                  Daylight hem, just above the knee
                  Buttons up the front you see,
                  No one else could make me feel
                  The way that dress could do..
                  ’Til in it’s sleeves
                  I fell in love
                  We danced the years
                  Now he’s gone above
                  And I’m all alone
                  In this filthy home

I’m gonna put on my favourite dress
                  It’s deep electric blue
                  It buttons up the front you see
                  Still fits me too
                  I wanna walk Argyle Street
                  One more time for you
                  And turn their heads and win respect like I used to do
                  That's the bit that got me the most.

Poor old lady stuck in a place like that dreaming of a world long gone 70 years before.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  There doesn’t seem to be very much to watch on the telly, despite there being more than the three channels that used to seem adequate at Christmas
                  Yes, hundreds of channels of tulip on the tv to choose from.

Who'd have thunk it?

The evening's entertainment was S1 E8, 9, 10, & 11 of The Dresden Files, which were amusing enough.

Naturally enough, just as it was getting into its stride it was cancelled.

Amusingly enough the actress playing the vampire turns up in WH13 and an actress in another ep was in Farscape.

Then it was on to Blaze which was showing some prog about 50 years of Star Trek, of which I watched the last 15 minutes.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 December 2019, 23:24.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It will be reset when janey returns.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The Gavin and Stacey was superb!

We also watched the new Mary Poppins - premier on sky. Awesome! The best bit, IMO, was Dick Van Dyke dancing. He just turned 94 so must have been 93 when it was filmed. It was astonishing.

Comment

Working...
                      X