• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My Nan was taken into the local St. Barnabas hospice this morning for her final days. Just spoke to my Dad to check he's ok as he can be, given the circumstances.

Sad times, she's a lovely lady but at least she's somewhere she'll get good care until her time is up.

Hopefully she is in no pain.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

WBPS
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^WTAS.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        They are a popular beat combo. They've got a few CDs out...
        Indeed, m'lud.

I have a fair number of their CDs plus a number of the same things on vinyl, though not on the less popular 78.

Tea was M&S chunky breaded haddock.

Nice enough, though I seem to be rather missing the battered version, sufficiently to have succumbed to the temptation to purchase more of same last Wednesday.

The custard and orange segments proving habit forming, I more of that too.

Now enjoying the weather forecast and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Which will eventually lead to watching the remaining hour or so of Appaloosa.

That Calman woman is waffling on about Scotland again on 5, this time about Secret Glasgow.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 January 2020, 18:03.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I think they have her on the good stuff.

Actually, she's been fortunate to not have suffered much pain. She's more the hallucinating type and chats to people who appear to her half way up the wall.

Comment

dinner has been breaded haddock, chips and peas, courtesy of the usual suspects.

very pleasant.

with a nice rioja blanco.

for a change.

watching 'merlin' on iplayer.

'sawright, i suppose. predictable, but then everything is, these days.

Comment

Tea tonight has been ribeye steak, chips, caramelised onions, and beans. All very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I think they have her on the good stuff.

Actually, she's been fortunate to not have suffered much pain. She's more the hallucinating type and chats to people who appear to her half way up the wall.
                I am pleased she is on the good stuff. Death does not worry me. Pain does.

And I hope she is happy in her own "dream world". I often wish there was dementaia in my family. Far better for the brain to go before the body IMO. Well better for oneself. Not good for those around one.

Comment

I am pleased she is on the good stuff. Death does not worry me. Pain does.

And I hope she is happy in her own "dream world". I often wish there was dementaia in my family. Far better for the brain to go before the body IMO. Well better for oneself. Not good for those around one.
                  it's not as simple as that, so be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Far better for the brain to go before the body IMO. Well better for oneself. Not good for those around one.
                    You know not of which you speak.

I have observed both and there's not fecking much to choose between them.

The evening's entertainment was the concluding 70 minutes of Appaloosa which was reasonable enough, though judging by the amount of pressing of the WTF are we? button, it wasn't altogether a gripping experience.

As per usual, the deleted scenes explained some of the story that was otherwise obscure, if not actually opaque.

I might get around to watching the commentary at some time.

Then, for a change, the first 15 minutes of "Raiders", it being the first dvd of the box set.

I've never watched the 4th one, the Crystal Skull.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

After many TV-free nights this week, tonight saw three - three! count ‘em! - movie extravaganzas brought forth for (not very) critical appraisal; said flickering images being the Back to the Future trilogy: Back to the Future (1985), Back to the Future Part II (1989), and Back to the Future Part III (1990). It’s been many years since I’ve seen any of them, and when I have it’s usually been about two-thirds of them when I’ve turned the TV on during a Bank Holiday weekend afternoon, so it made a change to see the whole story through from start to finish. All good clean fun

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X