test please delete test please delete - Page 32097
Page 32097 of 32097 FirstFirst ... 3109731597319973204732087320953209632097
Posts 320,961 to 320,966 of 320966

Super poster

Relaxing day today. Did some chores out and about, had a nice lunch, largely planned out our June trip to Singapore.

HWMBO is now cooking dinner.

We restarted watching The Boys on Amazon Prime last night, having started a few months ago but never saw them all, so I suspect we may pick that up again this evening to finish off the series.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    And very nice it was, as usual

Dashed cold out there
    To the extent thatI’m seriously thinking of wearing a scarf for the walk to the pub

Godlike

went out for a meet with the chaps <and chapesses> in our occasional covers band.
    much was discussed, even more was consumed.
    pished now, but hey, - it's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it.

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Did I neglect to relate that lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea?

The afternoon's Freecell score was a disasterous 80% with the average unaffected at 82%.

The attempt to improve this lasted until 18:30 by which time it was getting very cold since the heating wasn't on.

Tea was the last of the bol with spag, sweet being orange segments and extremely thick custard (measurement seemed a bit dodgy this evening) washed down with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment began with Raiders of the Lost Ark which was amusing enough, though I didn't remember huge chunks of it.

The 2nd rather more amusing feature was the 33p dvd of "Return of the Pink Panther (1974)" which was the one with the parrot and the vacuum cleaner.

By far the funniest of the entire series, though there were, again, whole chunks of the film I didn't remember, other than the Sellers stuff which is unforgettable.

This leaves the other Pink Panther dvd for me to find: "The Pink Panther Strikes Again", this being the missing dvd from the box set.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday at 23:27.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Back from the pub after an enjoyable evening

My photographer friend has finished writing his book on the use of tilt-shift lenses

The contract with the publisher calls for delivery of the finished manuscript on Monday. However, his wife hasn’t finished proofreading it yet, so he’s let them know it’ll arrive later in the week

Meanwhile, over at the Polish café, the lights are still on and the security shutter only partway down. I would hypothesise that they’re working late, but I've just seen the couple who own it dancing vigorously, presumably to some music I can’t hear over here, so I think perhaps there’s been a bit of a private party going on over there

Meanwhile, over at the Polish café, the lights are still on and the security shutter only partway down. I would hypothesise that they’re working late, but I've just seen the couple who own it dancing vigorously, presumably to some music I can’t hear over here, so I think perhaps there’s been a bit of a private party going on over there
    More people dancing now - they must have been nearer the back earlier on so I couldn’t see them from here. Definitely a party in progress