• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Commentary now watched having woken unbidden at 05:15 yetafeckinggain.

Morning.

Dry.

Cold.

Dunno if it's sunny since the fecking sun isn't fecking up yet.

Tuesday.
    Sunny.

CBS ish.

Now looking for smoke alarms to replace the one I destroyed yesterday when the replacement batteries proved unable to shut the fecker up.

The other question is why a box of PP3 batteries all prove to be flat.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The other question is why a box of 25 year old PP3 batteries all prove to be flat.
      I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        I wonder?

I have a box of 10 year old D-cells and they are still round.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Light early lunch of a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast

I’ll go for months or years at a time never even thinking about buttered toast, then suddenly get a taste for it

Whether it makes a sufficient lunch remains to be seen, but I managed to keep the butter levels under control this time so I can always have some soup or a sandwich later if need be

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Light early lunch of a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast

I’ll go for months or years at a time never even thinking about buttered toast, then suddenly get a taste for it

Whether it makes a sufficient lunch remains to be seen, but I managed to keep the butter levels under control this time so I can always have some soup or a sandwich later if need be
            I know what you mean about toast. Sometimes the smell of it makes me feel queasy. Other times I'll eat it like it's going out of fashion.

Comment

Lunch was salad from the canteen, with a Wispa for afternoon tea.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                I wonder?

Nope. I've had new boxes of 10 MN1604 batteries, well in date, that are effectively flat.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I have a box of 10 year old D-cells and they are still round.
                Quite.

Walk walked.

Gloriously sunny out, though icy in places just to make it inneresting.

Could have done without the feckwhit in the SUV who was more innerested in his fecking phone than avoiding me.

Saw what might be a buzzard or a red kite thermalling.

Also what I think was a song thrush.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust) with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2020, 13:49.

Comment

It's all kicking off here...
                  The guineafowl decided to fly into a neighbour's garden, so I've had to go round and chase them back.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today's enterprise was purchasing replacement smoke detectors for the one I destroyed yesterday in a fit of rage.

Turns out Wilko win again, with a two pack of the same ionisation detectors for £9.

It seems a long long time since Siliconix made the chips for the B&D version.

That's because it's 40 years.

And by the magick of the interweb, turns out the part number was SM110.

I don't think I had anything to do with testing that part.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2020, 14:23.

Comment

Whatever that lurgy that was creeping up on me yesterday might be, it seems it’s quite mild at any rate. Having to blow my nose rather more than I do normally, but nothing worse so far. Fingers crossed…

Comment

Working...
                      X