• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Said extending thing with 17mm and 19mm socket is available in Wilko for £5.

The 21mm socket is, I assume, available from your friendly local Halfords or tool shop.

Halfords
    Ta. I’ll have a look in the little Wilko up the road. If they don’t have it, there’s a huge one in town that will

Tonight’s out-of-this-world viewing continued with S3 of ST:TNG: S3E14 A Matter of Perspective (TV Episode 1990) in which nobody shows the slightest surprise when Riker is accused of sexual impropriety during legal proceedings; S3E15 Yesterday's Enterprise (TV Episode 1990) in which a temporal rift causes the usual confusion; and S3E16 The Offspring (TV Episode 1990), in which yet more questions of metaphysics, epistemology, and moral philosophy are played out in the context of having androids cluttering the place. Not a bad selection; they’re definitely hitting their stride by this point in S3.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      TFIF, WFH, etc.

Hold on, it's 9.13 and this is the first post in TPD?

What is the world coming to?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        S3E15 Yesterday's Enterprise (TV Episode 1990) in which a temporal rift causes the usual confusion
        Ah yes, the Tasha undead ep.

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Warmer side of notsocold.

Friday.

Cottons in the WM.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all
          TFIF, WFH, etc.

All having a slow Friday morning?

I got up about 40 mins ago to log on and do some billing. First cup of coffee not yet cold.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            TFIF, WFH, etc.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Ah yes, the Tasha undead ep.

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Warmer side of notsocold.

Friday.

Cottons in the WM.
            And lo! two posts turn up at the very same time!

Comment

Morning
              grey and damp again

friday

meh

Comment

Morning denizens

Back to grey, dry, 7°C

I think it can’t have been quite so foggy last night as it isn’t anywhere like as damp out there as it was yesterday.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

The stagger down town was rather warmer than it has been recently, but still dry, with a sign of a wan sun in the heavens, making a half hearted attempt to shine through the murk.

<hiatus>

Time for a wee and a bit of shopping.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2020, 11:14.

Comment

Wonder if the car will start so I can do the shopping?

If not, I’ll finally get around to walking into town and get some bits there.

I realised the other day that if I’m visiting London, I’ll walk quite long distances such as from St. Pancras to Hyde Park Corner without thinking about it, but at home I shrink from walking the mere mile or so into town

Comment

There's something about living in the provinces that makes you think you can only get around by car. Even if walking distances aren't hideous.

Comment

Working...
                      X