test please delete test please delete - Page 32125
Page 32125 of 32278 FirstFirst ... 31125316253202532075321153212332124321253212632127321353217532225 ... LastLast
Posts 321,241 to 321,250 of 322777

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    6 weeks 2.5 days since the crash. Still only at about 80% mobility. But that will do.

So frustrating as the direct damage was fixed in 2 weeks. Its all the muscles that are still sufgfering. I can't believe it....
    so, given a choice between a tree<the leafy part> and the road , i think i'll take tree, then.
    ta.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

My post count is Majestic

In the Chinese

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    any dragons?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    Very nice, as usual

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    any dragons?
    No more than usual

She informed me that they were very busy, further conjecturing that it was because of the Chinese New Year. This (well, the busyness at least) was confirmed when a harassed-looking delivery driver turned up, bringing in five empty delivery bags from his car, grabbing three freshly-filled ones off the counter, and zooming off again. Good job he didn’t drive into a flood tonight

Godlike

No late snack had after all but I am slowly making my way through the bag of M&S toffee I bought the other day.

Ended up watching the last three episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 followed by the first two of Season 5. They went from a diner to sometime in the future where something has blown the earth to smithereens and there's not much humanity left. So, business as usual.

I also did some of my OU assignment. I have left one multipart question, that requires me to read something about chromatin, and an essay to write about the structure of proteins.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

TFBSZ

No closer to present ideas (although the picture thing was nice, last year I was given a present of a portrait of Millie)
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Tonight’s first major motion picture was In the Name of the Father (1993). I think I saw this some time in the 1990s, but it was probably after the pub or something so my memory is hazy. Anyway, it’s an excellent account of the terrible injustice suffered by the Guildford Four and Maguire Seven and its eventual resolution. I would, however, point out that gavels are not used in this country’s courts; showing them being used in the courtroom scenes which are so pivotal to the story is very annoying. But other than that, a great film.

And to follow, a rewatch of something a little lighter: Ronin (1998). A cracking action yarn, assuming you’re not one of the innocent bystanders who are casually slaughtered throughout

Goodnight all

Oh, one more thing about In the Name of the Father: near the start, Gerry Conlon and Paul Hill are supposed to be looking for a squat in London where some friends live. At one point they’re at the corner of Huskisson Street and Sandon Street. But, being from Liverpool, I recognised that the street name signs are in styles uniquely found in the older parts of that fair city, and that Huskisson Street is named after a former MP for the city who has the distinction of being the first person ever to be killed by a train, that train being Stephenson’s Rocket. So for some reason, they had Liverpool standing in for London in that part of the film. The corner in question is here
    Last edited by NickFitz; 26th January 2020 at 03:45.

Morning all if all there be at this benighted hour

Dark.

Wet.

Dreary.

Dire.

Damp.

Warmer at 18.1 deg. in here.

Sunday, apparently, which explains waking at 06:25 from a dream about a job I left in 1993.

Hi, Terry, you miserable mofo

Obviously back in the 1820s Rocket Engineering didn't include brakes .

<dvd watching hiatus>

That's I. J. & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull specials done & dusted.

Feck me, there were a lot of them.

This evening is taken up with Doctor Who (though I dunno quite why other than 57 years of watching it), Vera (getting too complicated for my increasingly addled brain), and the Oak Island nutjobs (you never know they might actually find something one day other than lumps of timber and 1963 dimes).

<hiatus>

Bored.

Now.

Since it's raining the walk will go unwalked today.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26th January 2020 at 09:33.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Obviously back in the 1820s Rocket Engineering didn't include brakes .
    I've seen something about this. Might have been on Portillo's thing. I'm still not sure about him btw. Anyway, his guest described what happened and opined that people not really knowing how to behave around trains was the real issue. As a result we learnt lesson #1 - don't run about on the tracks, especially when you can see a train approaching.

One should always seek to benefit from such lessons.