• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wife (tm) is off today, She normally takes Fridays off.
    She's now gone to the gym for a couple of hours.

My dad has just switched from BT broadband (£70 a month for the package he's been on for years) to Sky for £30 a month and a better package.

He phoned me an hour ago. Didn't ask if I was busy, or had time to talk. Launched into his need for help.

His biggest panic was that the Wimbledon ticket draw finishes today and as yet he hasn't been told he's got any tickets. If an email arrives today, he must see it immediately, or the email will explode or some such.
    All sorted now.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      My Dad tried to swap me for a Ferrari in Egypt about 10 years ago. I can't say I was best pleased.

However, if you want to get shot of DD, it may be somewhere worth trying?
      Shot of DD. Maybe I could persuade her to take up cycling in Surrey.

For anyone who can take on DD, I reckon about £1000 is about right. But I can't pay much more than that....

Comment

Checked bank account today to see if I was paid. I was. But mobile phone bill(for 5) was not £120. It was £280!

Checked account - already an extra £80 of charges!

Baby bp buying extras on boom beach. I thought apps could only charge via credit card. I am well hacked off.

I suppose no-one has died. Well not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Checked bank account today to see if I was paid. I was. But mobile phone bill(for 5) was not £120. It was £280!

Checked account - already an extra £80 of charges!

Baby bp buying extras on boom beach. I thought apps could only charge via credit card. I am well hacked off.

I suppose no-one has died. Well not yet anyway.
          I would stop that! There must be a way to block charges like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I would stop that! There must be a way to block charges like that.
            It is blocked. I did not think it was possible.

Apple will refund about £30. I thought I had security locked down. Its an expensive lesson. On the plus side, at least we can eat this month. For most families that sort of charge would be crippling.

Government need to enforce another level of mobile phone billing for under 18s. Where only so much a month can be paid. I thought I had all that set up.

Hopefully be 3pm soon and I can leave work - by 7pm I should be home.

Comment

Feck me it's a miserable day & no mistake.

Shirts out of the TD and awaiting a bit of ironing.

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

Coloureds in the WM.

I can't scarcely contain my overwhelming existential ennui.

Went into Morrisons, didn't buy anything.

Bought a book and the requisite 3 dvds in Tenovus.

Came home.

Baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed Multi seeded toast (crust).

Nice enough.

Now getting outside 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been sainsburys duck spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce.
                and 0.8Litres of earl grey tea.

had two agents on the 'phone this morning

two very possible gigs

don't suppose they'll come to anything.

Comment

Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas from the canteen at work.

It was alright I suppose....

The fact I had a full breakfast not 4 hours earlier probably took some of the shine of it.

And now I feel like a fat bstard and am probably going to fall asleep.

Comment

I decided to pop round the corner to the Italian deli for my lunch today. A toasted panini with sun-dried tomatoes, spicy sausage and scamorza cheese and salady bits. Very nice it was too.

The chap behind the till was wishing everyone "happy Brexit day" using the best sarcasm an Italian can muster, I suspect.

Ooh just remembered I bought a slice of what looked like treacle tart too. Afternoon tea coming right up!

Comment

PotKettleBlack coffee at 1 Spinningfields. :drool:
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X