• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    There's 13,000 of my parents' generation left.

None of them are related to me (unless one of the males had a bike).

Dump visited with the paper, plastic bottles, glass bottles and cans duly disposed of.

Tea was more of yesterday's shoulder of lamb, nice enough, rather too fatty for my taste, rounded off with orange segments and custard 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now 3 glasses of port in, and a glass of Southern Comfort (no gentleman would ask for two).

So, moderately* pissed now.

The evening's entertainment is assumed to be "Glass" being a continuation of "Ubreakeable" apparently.

I wonder if Brucie does anything much in this.

We shall find out shortly.

*For moderately read "quite".
    I like my lamb quite fatty; full of flavour

Breast of lamb is good for that but the only place I can find a decent one, in one piece with the bone in, is the market. Might get one when I finally make it into town.

I recently got “Glass” but I believe “Split” comes between it and “Unbreakable” so at some point I’m going to watch them all in succession; I’ve only seen the last so far.

Comment

The order is:

Unbreakable (2000) - IMDb

Split (2016) - IMDb

Glass (2019) - IMDb

Not a bad trilogy as such things go. I think I liked Split best as McAvoy is pretty good.

He was also very excellent in Cyrano De Bergerac and I would encourage you to see it at one of the cinema screenings that's coming up if a trek to London to the theatre isn't your cup of tea.
      Cyrano de Bergerac Tickets - Playhouse Theatre, London

Comment

I am quite perturbed that my local Freecycle groups are sending out reminders that the service is not to be used for items such as explosives, firearms, knives, etc.

Is this where our local Jihadis are getting this stuff from??

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I am quite perturbed that my local Freecycle groups are sending out reminders that the service is not to be used for items such as explosives, firearms, knives, etc.

Or putting it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

i know a good, cheap source of industrial grade Al foil, if you need a new hat??

Comment

"Glass" is paused. Indeed I haven't seen "Split" or even aware it existed. .

Currently watching Dominic Sandbrook's thing about the 80s on BBC4.

The fecking bitch Thatcher is making my hackles rise already, the destroyer of much of British Industry so she could pour money into the pockets of her friends.

Only saved from defeat by the Latin American Meat Packing Glitterati.

You never know when an AK might come in handy, like.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I like my lamb quite fatty; full of flavour

Breast of lamb is good for that but the only place I can find a decent one, in one piece with the bone in, is the market. Might get one when I finally make it into town.

I recently got “Glass” but I believe “Split” comes between it and “Unbreakable” so at some point I’m going to watch them all in succession; I’ve only seen the last so far.
              Not really keen on very fatty meat.

It's ages since I watched "Unbreakable".

Great. We've reached "The Gang of Four".

And the previous "longest suicide note in history".

Comparatively brief compared with the one more recently.

Now we're onto Chas & Di.

And the Brixton riots.

Gosh, don't the coppers look unprotected.

Not like they look these days.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2020, 21:39.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

I need to make some more of that remarkable mango-chutney-based BBQ sauce I devised a while ago. Sainsbury’s didn’t seem to have any of the TTD one I used last time so I got some of their mundane one instead, but checking inline I see that they still do the TTD one. Now I’m wondering if that one’s shelved with the pickles and such, rather than with the Indian cooking sauces as this one was. Must have a look next time.

Comment

smoked mackerel with horseradish on wholemeal toast for dinner.

with rioja.

of course.

silent wtness now.
                  not bad

ho, hum

Comment

Now watching "The Small Back Room (1949)" with Jack Hawkins, directed by Powell and Pressburger.

Oh good, a cod Welshman.

Cymru am Byth & all that.

It's in Bala so why is his accent south Walian, look you, there's tidy then.

Looks like Retro Movies has bitten the proverbial dust.

Cyril Cusack Bryan Forbes just croaked.

And the doctor just spouted some of the language of heaven.

The small back room has an electric calculator.

As in a mechanical calculator powered by electrick.

Well there's a thing.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2020, 23:05.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Open skies out, and the temperature’s dropping rapidly - already down to about 3°C out there, which seems like a very good reason to stay in here

Comment

Working...
                      X