• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all

Thunder overnight from just after midnight until 5am.
    They do thunder bigger here than at home, so it would rumble very loudly for a minute or more at a time.
    Not much sleep had.
    Looks like you’ll be getting rain for much of the day and night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Looks like you’ll be getting rain for much of the day and night
      Yup, it had eased about an hour ago, but is back on strong now. I shall shortly be finding out if The Brick sinks or floats.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It’s raining, or at least drizzling, steadily here now, and the weather app is now muttering darkly about snow at teatime

It’ll be the first snow here all winter if it actually happens

Comment

Snow!

It’s early. Doesn’t look like it’ll stick at all, though. But at least it’s there; the only other snow I’ve seen this winter was somewhere in the Peak District on the way back from the CUK do in Manchester, while the train was stuck waiting on a broken rail for a couple of hours

Comment

Walk got walked.

Windy with intermittent light showers that really came to nothing much.

Passed a very well attended funeral in the cemetery as I came back down.

It was cold so I didn't doff my cap.

Or take down the hood.

Just had a lovely bonfire of all the accumulated burnable crap that's been cluttering the outside bog since the last time I did it.

One of life's small pleasures is the bonefire.

So named because there's chicken bones in there as a way of getting rid.

The lamb bones accumulate in the freezer for added a little zest to the lentil <pfffft> soup, though yesterday's didn't seem to do much, all in all.

Getting much darker now, maybe there's a storm coming or sommat.

The very last part of the Aldi incinerator has reached the end of its useful existence & will be off down the dump on my next visit.

Can't remember exactly when I bought it but it must be three or more years ago.

It's now so dark I can't see the keyboard any more.

Ah. It's the oncoming murrain of beasts.

Looks like I timed things right this afternoon.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The snow never settled and didn’t even last very long, but at least it’s put paid to the local paper’s attempt to make “the only winter without snow since records began” a thing

Comment

Been a long and busy day.

Arrived at ClientCo at 0730, left at 1810.

The weather was windy but clear skies with some cloud when I left home. Sunrise was pleasant enough. On leaving the office it's dark, persistently persisting it down and cold.

Comment

Tea: more of the roast beef, stone me it was hard, followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

All in all pretty much even more than the of yesterday.

The bonfire had managed to burn all the stuff I remembered to put on it.

It didn't burn the fat and other detritus I'd hidden in the fridge.

Mostly because I forgot about it.

The afternoon's Freecell score in the deluge was a mediocre 86%.

Not a good day all in all.

Now contemplating what amusements are available for the remainder of the evening.

<hiatus>

Even the good Glengettie tea was .

Maybe it's me?

Found another eccles cake (Morrisons, BBE yesterday, reduced) which was slightly less than the rest of it.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 February 2020, 18:34.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

well, - walked to the pub in sunshine, albeit blustery.
                    whilst there ensconced, it chucked down a hailstorm of biblical proportions, then stopped.
                    a little later it came dahn in stairrods for a pint and a half, and then ceased and desisted in time for my walk home

must be my lucky day.

Comment

Single stepping through somebody else’s code; a ridiculously long method doing disparate things that should have been broken out into separate methods, mainly on other classes.

It was only about the third time through that I even noticed that in one loop they create a variable called “widgetInstanceId” and in a later loop, one for a similar purpose called “widgetinstanceid” (all lowercase). This means that you have to make sure you’re looking at the right one in the variables window when hitting breakpoints in the later loop, as the other one still has the value from the last time round the earlier loop

Sod that, I’m going to have dinner

Comment

Working...
                      X