test please delete test please delete - Page 32227
Page 32227 of 32599 FirstFirst ... 31227317273212732177322173222532226322273222832229322373227732327 ... LastLast
Posts 322,261 to 322,270 of 325986

^^^There's a couple of BTVS eps that sort of fit that, the one about the invisible girl and the one where Buffy becomes a mind reader.

The first involved the Men in Black, the 2nd Buffy got cured of.

The evening's entertainment was "STIII: The Search for Spock" and very good it was too, though the dvd was barebones the only extra being the trailer.

Merely for continuity I then watched half of "STIV: The Return Home".

Live long & Prosper. etc.

Dear old Doc Brown was in STIII as the Klingon Commander.

Then there's "Lucy (2014)".

Lucy (2014) - IMDb

which "we" watched last year sometime, but which impressed me rather more than you.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14th February 2020 at 23:17.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Tonight’s first feature was a rewatch of The Revenant (2015), in which that chap who’s in all the films nowadays gets attacked by a bear but still makes it home for tea, or something. All very bleak, but beautiful scenery

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    ^^^There's a couple of BTVS eps that sort of fit that, the one about the invisible girl and the one where Buffy becomes a mind reader.

The first involved the Men in Black, the 2nd Buffy got cured of.

<snip>

Then there's "Lucy (2014)".

Lucy (2014)

which "we" watched last year sometime, but which impressed me rather more than you.
    I’ve never seen BTVS apart from catching some bits back in the 90s when it was on BBC2 at teatime, so it won’t be that. I thought about Lucy (2014), but - well, no spoilers, but it doesn’t end with her living on an island off Newfoundland. I’m pretty sure it was around there; I’ve got a vague idea of them either zooming out to a satellite-type view to show how remote it is, or zooming in from one. And it could have been at the start of the film for all I know; it’s a very vague memory

However, I decided to watch Lucy again just to be on the safe side (I think it was actually 2017 when I first watched it). I think I was a bit riled by the utterly ridiculous nature of the science and philosophy stuff the first time, but I set aside such concerns this time, and concluded that it’s pretty good fun actually

Goodnight all

I Am Legend

Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Morning all

Grey.

Very very very wet.

Windy.

Warmer at 18.1 deg.

Saturday apparently.

Reading "The 2nd Sleep" at bedtime proved to be inadvisable judging by the subsequent dreams.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I’m racking my brains trying to remember a film (or possibly TV show) I saw some time in the last few years. As I recall, it involved somebody (a woman, I think) who had some kind of psychic superpowers, and got roped into some kind of CIA-type stuff because of them. At the end, they were taken by the government to live on an island off the coast of Newfoundland or somewhere really remote like that, because that was far enough away that they were no longer disturbed by everyone else’s thoughts. Something along those lines, anyway. Anybody got any ideas?

Edited to add: I may be wrong about the spy stuff and so on; the bit I remember is them ending up living in the really remote place because of the psychic powers or something like that.
    Absolutely no idea, sorry!

Godlike

Storm Dennis doesn't seem to have made his presence felt yet, just a bit breezy out by the looks of it, but there's still time for such excitement.

It being being my birthday today, we are meeting friends for a boozy brunch and then out for some ridiculous bazillion course tasting menu for dinner. Just trying to decide if there's time in between brunch and dinner to go home for a nap.

It's even wetter and windier now.

I suppose I'd better go to town & buy the grocery requisites in case we get washed away, like.

There's no fecking chance of the walk getting walked today.

Or tomorrow judging by the forecast.

I forgot to mention the stream that was blocked by the deluge on Wednesday night leading to a new stream along the path for knocking on for 200 yards.

Since the path is quite sinuous it was really impressive, especially since it cleared all the leaves & detritus off the path & washed it all the way down to the res.

Double Godlike!

morning
    dull
    damp
    meh
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

In with the hoi polloi

Got more than slightly wet on the walk down town.

Umbrella useless.

Ho hum.

Godlike

Not raining yet. Overcast but not dark ominous clouds. Wind is getting up though.