• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonderful row in the pub
    fish pie for dinner.
    and rioja, as i don't agree with the establishment*.
    <hence the row in the pub>
    ahh, cabaret in the local.
    ye canny beat it.

*white wine with fish, the row was with noisy torys.

Comment

I roasted a nice big gammon joint for tea: thick slices thereof, with crinkle-cut chips, fried eggs, and beans. Absolutely delicious

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        wonderful row in the pub
        fish pie for dinner.
        and rioja, as i don't agree with the establishment*.
        <hence the row in the pub>
        ahh, cabaret in the local.
        ye canny beat it.

*white wine with fish, the row was with noisy torys.
        Give ‘em hell

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Give ‘em hell
          feck'em.
          arrogant buggers, abusing the staff, etc.
          i lost it a little bit.

but i'm all right now, honest

Comment

Almost made it to 10pm, and the wall has been hit.

Time to get some shut eye
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I’m racking my brains trying to remember a film (or possibly TV show) I saw some time in the last few years. As I recall, it involved somebody (a woman, I think) who had some kind of psychic superpowers, and got roped into some kind of CIA-type stuff because of them. At the end, they were taken by the government to live on an island off the coast of Newfoundland or somewhere really remote like that, because that was far enough away that they were no longer disturbed by everyone else’s thoughts. Something along those lines, anyway. Anybody got any ideas?

Edited to add: I may be wrong about the spy stuff and so on; the bit I remember is them ending up living in the really remote place because of the psychic powers or something like that.
              Last edited by NickFitz; 14 February 2020, 22:37.

Comment

^^^There's a couple of BTVS eps that sort of fit that, the one about the invisible girl and the one where Buffy becomes a mind reader.

The first involved the Men in Black, the 2nd Buffy got cured of.

The evening's entertainment was "STIII: The Search for Spock" and very good it was too, though the dvd was barebones the only extra being the trailer.

Merely for continuity I then watched half of "STIV: The Return Home".

Live long & Prosper. etc.

Dear old Doc Brown was in STIII as the Klingon Commander.

Then there's "Lucy (2014)".

Lucy (2014) - IMDb

which "we" watched last year sometime, but which impressed me rather more than you.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2020, 23:17.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s first feature was a rewatch of The Revenant (2015), in which that chap who’s in all the films nowadays gets attacked by a bear but still makes it home for tea, or something. All very bleak, but beautiful scenery

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  ^^^There's a couple of BTVS eps that sort of fit that, the one about the invisible girl and the one where Buffy becomes a mind reader.

The first involved the Men in Black, the 2nd Buffy got cured of.

<snip>

Then there's "Lucy (2014)".

Lucy (2014)

which "we" watched last year sometime, but which impressed me rather more than you.
                  I’ve never seen BTVS apart from catching some bits back in the 90s when it was on BBC2 at teatime, so it won’t be that. I thought about Lucy (2014), but - well, no spoilers, but it doesn’t end with her living on an island off Newfoundland. I’m pretty sure it was around there; I’ve got a vague idea of them either zooming out to a satellite-type view to show how remote it is, or zooming in from one. And it could have been at the start of the film for all I know; it’s a very vague memory

However, I decided to watch Lucy again just to be on the safe side (I think it was actually 2017 when I first watched it). I think I was a bit riled by the utterly ridiculous nature of the science and philosophy stuff the first time, but I set aside such concerns this time, and concluded that it’s pretty good fun actually

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Very very very wet.

Windy.

Warmer at 18.1 deg.

Saturday apparently.

Reading "The 2nd Sleep" at bedtime proved to be inadvisable judging by the subsequent dreams.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X