test please delete test please delete - Page 32231
Page 32231 of 32646 FirstFirst ... 31231317313213132181322213222932230322313223232233322413228132331 ... LastLast
Posts 322,301 to 322,310 of 326456

My post count is Majestic

Just went to take off my reading glasses and found that one of the screws was in the very act of falling out!

After a couple of false starts I was able to locate the tiny-tipped screwdriver set from Maplin (of blessed memory) and fix them. Crisis averted

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    And very nice too

We seem to be getting off comparatively lightly here - still windy, but still warm and the rain is holding off
    I tempted fate by posting that - it’s absolutely tipping down out there now

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you sure it was not Ramesh Ranganethan?
    Oddly enough, yes, I'm quite sure it was that talentless left wing ****.

Tea: spag bol. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment was Highlander II (or how to feck something sideways by making in Argentine FFS), and Highlander III: The Sorcerer which was slightly better and treated the original with respect.

Both 4:3, thankfully not pan and scan, just the centre of image.

Almost barebones, not even a trailer, just a "play" button.

And very nice too

We seem to be getting off comparatively lightly here - still windy, but still warm and the rain is holding off
    Pissing down here & has been for hours.

Rivers coming down one side of the road.

Raining heavily enough that the satellite signal is dropping out on Blaze, though it's still steaming through on the BBC channels.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15th February 2020 at 23:12.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Super poster

Moist in Le Manoir...c'est Mouille a ma Maison, vrai!
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

First on the box (though they aren’t really like boxes anymore, though I suppose one could consider the display as a 2d box, except mine is curved) tonight was a rewatch of Sin City (2005). A brilliant film, both in the comic book graphic novel storylines and the absolutely beautiful graphic novel comic book imagery. On this rewatch I also better appreciated the way the pacing of the film and the disparate yet connected stories reflect the classic comic book editorial policy of having short stories of one or two pages alternating with longer ones spreading over many. Really good stuff

After that, I started in on a gritty spy thriller but realised after about five or ten minutes that, good though it was, I simply wasn’t in the mood for something of that ilk. So instead I rewatched, for the umpteenth time, The Devil Wears Prada, which I am increasingly convinced is one of the best comedies of modern times - let’s say since the millennium. In particular, on this watching, I reckoned that Emily Blunt’s comic timing of gesture and expression during the first twenty minutes or so is absolutely perfect, worthy of the great actors of the silent era, if not better

The rain has died down, at least for now, and the gesticulations of the chestnut trees outside were slightly less frantic a few minutes ago; but even as I type this I can hear the wind gusting more strongly, and that’s after I’ve taken my hearing aids out. So who knows if it’s actually getting better or not?

Goodnight all

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

8 litres of water emptied out of buckets in the roof - that’s the last 5 hours worth of rain.
    Moderation means Moderation... Strong and Stable Moderation
    Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

If you don't Self-Moderate, then it's Lockdown.

I Am Legend

And very nice too

Century
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Morning all

No current precipitation since all the water in the area appears to be either in the marsh or at the bottom of next door's garden.

Grey.

White sky.

Windy (but not as windy as yesterday).

No current rivers in the road out front.

Two and a half hours to high tide.

Aberdulais underwater according to the R4 news.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16th February 2020 at 09:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    you was in your tea mug??
    no karzy at clientco?
    I always drop me "H's", init?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Wet, very windy. Time for a shower then off to collect little boy from his cub camp - always assuming they've survived the weekend!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.