test please delete test please delete - Page 32233
Page 32233 of 32671 FirstFirst ... 31233317333213332183322233223132232322333223432235322433228332333 ... LastLast
Posts 322,321 to 322,330 of 326704

My post count is Majestic

For some reason I’ve just remembered that a friend of mine, writer Chris Challis, used to send preposterous letters to the Leicester Mercury under the name “Miss DeeDee Wahdidi”, and they would print them because no matter how bizarre or deranged he made them, they still just seemed like the normal standard of readers’ letters they received

I wonder if the originals are among his papers, which the University Library purchased after his death in 1997? Chris Challis Collection — University of Leicester

River is back in its channel, it's dropped a good couple of feet since noon (high tide at 11:38).
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Zingy chicken and lentil soup with the usual bits of bread for lunch. Very nice; I can feel the zinginess coursing through my veins

I noticed that the clock on the microwave had reset itself, and my iMac says it’s restarted since yesterday, so we must have had a power cut at some point.

Walk walked, oddly enough in sunshine.

Fairly obvious signs of rivers of water taking unusual paths down the roads, hills and woods.

Chap and chapess looking for someone else's car key, apparently lost whilst running this morning.

I wish them luck.

Tea: some of that tasteless lentil <pffft> soup I made last Sunday. And it really is tasteless. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Boot leaked so socks needed washing rather more than usual, the fingerless gloves got the same treatment, in the sink.

Also washed my baseball cap.

Dug out the spin drier (2800rpm) to dry them off before the TD.

Worked well.

So: Doctor Who, Endeavour, Homeland, Oak Island nutjobs, Railway thing on 5.

The only evening I watch anything that's broadcast, plainly I'm getting value for money from my TV Licence.

Terrific squall passed through just now, sounded like thunder, full on murrain of beasts and a gale of monumental proportions.

Godlike

HWMBO reported a while ago, before it got dark, that he could see blue skies.

I think I was dozing on the sofa at the time.

It got quite sunny here too for the last couple of hours before sunset

Still fairly windy though

Earlier, I carved the rest of Friday’s gammon joint so I could portion it up for freezing. But the aroma was just too good, so tea has been a repeat of Friday: gammon, chips, egg, and beans

And still four large portions in the freezer! Good value, a big gammon joint

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Earlier, I carved the rest of Friday’s gammon joint so I could portion it up for freezing. But the aroma was just too good, so tea has been a repeat of Friday: gammon, chips, egg, and beans

And still four large portions in the freezer! Good value, a big gammon joint
    sssshhh! - the people in THAT subforum will hear you!

dinner has been 2 pork loin chops with a honey and mustard glaze, chips and peas.
    and <for a change> a nice chenin blanc.

dr who was crap <frankenstein based on a time travelling cyberman?- ffs>
    endeavour now.
    so far, so good.

ho hum.
    lots of extra trolls on the tax dodgers threads, but otherwise another boring day.
    maybe a job would help.

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Thought Doctor Who was a bit better than the recent average (this ain't saying much, where's the Black Doctor gone?).

Now watching Endeavour, which is proving to be more inneresting.

Set a couple of years after the "Rivers of Blood" speech.

Noticed a Sony(tm) colour tv in one shot. Turns out they came into the country in 1968.

Godlike

We have watched Best Home Cook with the silly fringe woman and now Crazy Delicious which is, frankly, rather nuts. HWMBO does like cookery programmes as he likes to pass judgement or go "ooh that's a good idea"