• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Time to put the mundane laundry on, I reckon
    Almost done: shirts ironed where absoluckingfutely necessary , cottons back on the landing, sheets off the line & in the TD, just the jeans hanging in there on the line waiting their turn in the TD and then it's all finished for the week.

For some unknown reason the iron had seen fit to fall off the ironing board (which is currently on top of the chest freezer coz that puts it at the optimum height & uses the optimum space in the salting house) onto the floor, which I ascribe to a poltergeist.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Apollo 13 in real time is live, about fifteen hours away from a problem arising: Apollo 13 in Real Time

Comment

^^^ It seems a long time ago now, far far away, they did things differently then.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nice and sunny here with a few grey clouds over the Forest.

Comment

Mackerel fillets on toast for lunch. I could just go for a cup of tea now.

Comment

HWMBO reminded me about 1330 that it was time for lunch. He kindly warmed up the left overs we brought home from Wednesday's dinner. Very tasty it was too.

He was making a shopping list and considering a trip out to forage but I can hear the god-awful game he and his kids are addicted to playing so I guess the list got made and that's where progress came to a halt.

I have been very productive in between bouts of procrastination, as is my usual way of working. Much documentation written!

Comment

And another two pimps* called today. OK, they're permie jobs but good enough money and enough WFH to make me interested.

(*to be fair one was an internal recruiter type, not an agency pimp)

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  And another two pimps* called today. OK, they're permie jobs but good enough money and enough WFH to make me interested.

What do you do? I was approached by SITA recently for a role that was sort of Service Improvement with the opening offer at £75k. They seem to be doing lots of recruitment at the moment and the internal recruiter I spoke to was absolutely great. Happy to pass on his details to you as they seem to have a lot of openings at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

This is becoming far more common for the better recruiters with good networks. I've noticed three going from agencies to being "Talent Acquisition Manager" types at firms. Probably a good move for them in the current market - no doubt some of them see a bit of a sinking ship on the horizon for their role.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      What do you do? I was approached by SITA recently for a role that was sort of Service Improvement with the opening offer at £75k. They seem to be doing lots of recruitment at the moment and the internal recruiter I spoke to was absolutely great. Happy to pass on his details to you as they seem to have a lot of openings at the moment.
                      Mostly network architecture at the moment. Might try to diversify into more general architecture one of these days. Fling anything you've got over - I'm just combing their entry on LinkedIn :-)

IIRC I interviewed for a contract with them about ten years ago - they were good guys but I was offered something local on about the same rate so never took them up on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X