• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Overcast this morning. Not particularly cold.

Quiet on the tube. People are sitting with decent gaps wherever possible.

Last day at ClientCo and my main task is to fix a corrupt installation of Visual Studio.

With yesterday's news about airports, HWMBO looked into going home early but instead decided to stay with me until Sunday as planned and get the train home. Flights are looking sketchy and the price is creeping up and up. He will self isolate for a week before allowing his kids to join him, just in case.
    How can you tell it is corrupt? Does it actually work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How can you tell it is corrupt?
      It was accepting brown paper packages.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Here we iz again again.

Grey.

Dark.

Drizzly.

Dank.

Dreary.

Warmish.

Apparently it's Wednesday.

Not dead yet.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Good morning all!

Daily Report
        ########

Location - Currently WFH, soon to be Ysbyty Gwynedd!

Getting "old" isn't the way to die, it's tulip.

No, getting old is not a bundle of laughs, but I suppose it's slightly better than the other option.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 March 2020, 09:40.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turns out there was no corruption.

Just using the free community edition which, despite being free, requires you to log in to activate a license.

Chap I was handing over to kept getting a licensing error when he logged in. All the usual troubleshooting steps didn't fix it so I was expecting to have to unpick the damn thing from windoze, as I know from bitter experience that it doesn't cleanly uninstall.

However, me being me, I thought - let's just try logging in with my creds. Worked perfectly. Logged out and back in with the other person's creds and all is good.

Five minutes work rather than several hours.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Not dead yet.

Comment

I was going to give up my meds over the summer - but I am not well enough. Just run out of supply I got 2 years ago. So I had to get appointment for new prescription. You can no longer queue outside the surgery - you have to call. And then a doctor calls you back.

NHS close to breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

five minutes work rather than several hours.
                aysycotbac?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was going to give up my meds over the summer - but I am not well enough. Just run out of supply I got 2 years ago. So I had to get appointment for new prescription. You can no longer queue outside the surgery - you have to call. And then a doctor calls you back.

NHS close to breaking.
                  That's normal for me.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

NHS close to breaking.
                    or taking sensible precautions.

keeping possibly infected people apart and telephone consultations are more efficient for those with repeating issues.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Drizzle.

Now normally I like running in drizzle as I tend to overheat when running but drizzle is nice, but still a bit too cold for running.

I think I might just get Mad Men and Mr Robot Box sets completed during these crazy times.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X