• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else getting chapped hands from all this washing? Got cracks on my knuckles and my hands are incredibly dry

I’ve ordered some petroleum-jelly-based hand stuff from Amazon, in the vague hope it helps

Comment

Viz are providing free downloads of selected back issues to help the nation through these troubled times, and presumably to bolster their email list too. First one is now available by signing up at https://dennis.slgnt.eu/optiext/opti...gitaldownload1

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Fridge is full. Freezer is full. No idea what to have for dinner
        In the end I made a big batch of potato wedges (cooked in duck fat, as I was able to get some more on my excursion for essential items today), some of which I’ve had with steak & ale casserole (from January, when life was still comparatively normal) and petits pois. Very tasty

And two or three portions of wedges left for the freezer

Comment

By the by, I had some of the homemade apple pie last night, reheated, with Sainsbury’s salted caramel & honeycomb ice cream. Also very nice

Comment

Finally cut the grass, looks far nicer, like having a new haircut (not sure when we'll be able to get one of those mind).

Spaghetti and Meatballs tonight as Mrs qh finally found some tin toms!

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Finally cut the grass, looks far nicer, like having a new haircut (not sure when we'll be able to get one of those mind).
              I got there just in time, two weeks ago today

In the barber’s, queuing

Comment

Before the end of days started I had booked an appointment at the hairdresser via their online system for the 4th. I expect it will be cancelled if anyone goes to the salon, turns on the PC and spots it.

Similarly, I still have an appointment at the dental hygienist for the following Saturday. I presume they will review and cancel or not nearer the time.

Comment

Trundling done

Though I’ve just realised that emptying of the bins depends on somebody leaving for work early enough that they unlock the gate before the bin folk arrive, and it’s possible that may not happen this week

Comment

Anybody else getting chapped hands from all this washing? Got cracks on my knuckles and my hands are incredibly dry

I’ve ordered some petroleum-jelly-based hand stuff from Amazon, in the vague hope it helps
                    I was forced to use some Morrisons Enrich hand and nail cream this very afternoon.

However I also have to use various unguents in an endless attempt to reduce assorted itches, so more will be applied before bed.

If push comes to shove, there's a steroidal cream which has proved of use in the past.

Entertainment was provided by "A scandal in Bohemia", "The Dancing Men", and "The Naval Treaty", plus the 2nd ep of Kermode's Cinema thing which was much better than last week's rather tedious superhero epic.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2020, 23:37.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonights viewing has been more of Forbrydelsen, to wit, S3E5 and S3E6. All getting a bit complicated now

Quiet again outside. Haven’t seen any pedestrians being hassled by the police yet, but then again, there are very few pedestrians at this time of night - not like it was even a week ago

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X