test please delete test please delete - Page 32525
Page 32525 of 32932 FirstFirst ... 31525320253242532475325153252332524325253252632527325353257532625 ... LastLast
Posts 325,241 to 325,250 of 329315
  1. #325241

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Crikey. Decided to have a go at a short exercise routine based on ballet moves. I lasted 9 minutes and 55 seconds into a 17 minute workout.

    Yet I can walk for fecking miles up hill and down dale. What gives?
    maybe yer no dancin' - it's jist the way yer staunin' ?


  2. #325242

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Crikey. Decided to have a go at a short exercise routine based on ballet moves. I lasted 9 minutes and 55 seconds into a 17 minute workout.

    Yet I can walk for fecking miles up hill and down dale. What gives?
    A combination of unfamiliar movements, poor flexibility and ballet being a lot feckin' harder than it looks!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  3. #325243

    Default

    The late afternoon's freecell score was 90% until the zone zoned out & it descended rapidly into disaster, I didn't look but 50% sounds reasonable.

    Tea: two more squeezed oranges with the juice drunk directly from the squeezer thing to save washing up, more of yesterday's beef with carrots & onions since I fancied that rather more than the other method, a yogurt, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

    Now contemplating Sherlock Holmes and the Black Pearl of Death for the evening's entertainment.

    It involves standing on a chair to reach so I you don't hear from me you'll know I fell over & killed myself.

    After a freecell score like that it would be a mercy.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  4. #325244

    Godlike

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    I did finish the workout. Will have another go tomorrow.

    If I can walk.

  5. #325245

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    dinner has been irish black pudding x 2, fried egg x 2, chips x lots, and peas x evenlotsmore.

    stuffed now.

    room for rioja though, strangely enough.

    bloody busy at work today.
    knackered i am.

    UC later, then something else.

  6. #325246

    Godlike

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    dinner has been irish black pudding x 2, fried egg x 2, chips x lots, and peas x evenlotsmore.

    stuffed now.

    room for rioja though, strangely enough.

    bloody busy at work today.
    knackered i am.

    UC later, then something else.
    That sounds delish!

  7. #325247

    Godlike

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,414

    Default

    Had a fun game of cards against humanity over WhatsApp

    Now watching BBC iPlayer - Storyville - Maiden: War on the Waves about Tracey Edwards and her skippering of the first all female crew to tackle the Whitbread round the world boat race

  8. #325248

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    That sounds delish!
    oh, i forgot.
    @brillo, - lots and lots of manly HP sauce.

  9. #325249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Now contemplating Sherlock Holmes and the Black Pearl of Death for the evening's entertainment.

    It involves standing on a chair to reach so I you don't hear from me you'll know I fell over & killed myself.

    After a freecell score like that it would be a mercy.
    I survived the standing on the chair, thanks for asking.

    Now wondering why Nigel Bruce played Watson as a moron?

    Other than that, it was amusing enough in its out of time 1944 sort of way.

    Next up "The Devil's Foot" with Jeremy Brett.

    That's once the thing about Putin on 4 is done & dusted.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  10. #325250

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    48,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I survived the standing on the chair, thanks for asking.


    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Now wondering why Nigel Bruce played Watson as a moron?
    I’m not sure, but I think as the series of Rathbone/Bruce films went on he was portrayed more and more that way - maybe the studio chiefs, with their usual low opinion of their audience, thought it added a bit of comedy to the mix?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •