• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Who puts one post up when three would do?
    Me.

Now more or less up to date.

The ignore button deals adequately with drivellers.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Me.

if you ignore the drivellers then the post count would be at least 2, maybe 3
      Married

Comment

Oh ok. Some starter recipes called for using strong flour. Well that's good then, I will use the plain flour I have.
        I've started so I'll finish - sourdough bread - Kitchen Exile

With a few variations:
        1. I add a little honey from my neighbour's bees at the start - about a teaspoonful
        2. Once you've got your flour and water mixture made up, walk around the rooms of your house and in the garden, wafting the bowl up and down (uncovered) so that it picks up more natural yeast
        3. I can't be bothered weighing things, and when it comes to sourdough starters, it's not an exact science, so when I feed the starter, it gets about a heaped tablespoon of flour per day, and enough water to keep it wet. Always mix it in well.

Cover the bowl with a plastic bag, but I use a shower cap as it's elasticated and cut circular. If the sourdough starts to dry out not he surface, just take that top layer off with a spoon, then feed and water.
        Don't expect it to start bubbling on day 1 or day 2, but if after 6 days of stirring and feeding in a nice warm atmosphere, there's no sign of life, then chuck it and start again.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I consider myself
          Enough of what you and HWMBO get up to...

Where is the chocolate paint emoticon?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Me.

Who do you mean?

Please can a non-driveller quote this.....

Comment

On my 6th cup of coffee.

Working on our finances
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                On my 6th cup of coffee.

Wo*king on our finances
                FTFY. No swearing!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Who do you mean?

Please can a non-driveller quote this.....
                  What's one of them?

Comment

Toast and marmite had.

The slices of toast didn't fit into my toaster so had to be cut in half first. All four toasting slots utilised.

Despite trying my best to get the timing dials set the same and engaging the racks at the same time, they popped up about 5 seconds apart

Also confirmed my suspicion that some slots toast better than others.

Comment

Toast and marmite had.

The slices of toast didn't fit into my toaster so had to be cut in half first. All four toasting slots utilised.

Despite trying my best to get the timing dials set the same and engaging the racks at the same time, they popped up about 5 seconds apart

Also confirmed my suspicion that some slots toast better than others.
                      Is it a Delonghi 4 slot toaster ?
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X