test please delete test please delete - Page 32599
Page 32599 of 32932 FirstFirst ... 31599320993249932549325893259732598325993260032601326093264932699 ... LastLast
Posts 325,981 to 325,990 of 329314

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Just a different opinion!

I don't see next Friday as being of a different value to today. The way I see it, I would lose more money by not working it vs a normal Friday off as the cost of everything around bank holidays is more expensive.
    Normally I would argue the point but as next Friday and Monday are going to no different from the previous Monday or the following Tuesday you may as well take the cash and treat them as normal days.

Next Thursday I should be heading to Milan for a week - hey ho...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    New Work Chair purchased...erm

Doesn't tilt (as advertised). The back reclines - not the same
    Seat doesn't go low enough for my short legs to touch the ground
    Armrests do not go high enough

Thanks to Amazon's returns policy, it will be going back - I will continue to use one of umpteen dining room chairs.
    Just hit ebay and purchase one of the many aeron chairs you can find on there. Mines going fine after 10+ years of usage
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Double Godlike!

One of the lovely pies the MIL bought over, in the sealed boot, for tea today.
    She bought us fruit ones before from the same place and they were very nice.

We have to catch up on video conference to cheer her up on occasion, although retired she is a very busy woman on all sorts of committees and some such.

The FIL is a different beast and has his own room where he spends the day, with jazz playing and viewing a number of different media on several silent screens at the same time.
    Most of the family, apart from me and the MILs brother, when back over from Jamaica, aren't really allowed in the room.

I have to say I am missing those afternoon drinking sessions with him
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    One of the lovely pies the MIL bought over, in the sealed boot, for tea today.
    She bought us fruit ones before from the same place and they were very nice.

We have to catch up on video conference to cheer her up on occasion, although retired she is a very busy woman on all sorts of committees and some such.

The FIL is a different beast and has his own room where he spends the day, with jazz playing and viewing a number of different media on several silent screens at the same time.
    Most of the family, apart from me and the MILs brother, when back over from Jamaica, aren't really allowed in the room.

I have to say I am missing those afternoon drinking sessions with him
    I wonder why only men are allowed in there...

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I wonder why only men are allowed in there...

because the women wouldn't shut up and let us concentrate?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    And the chicken soup has finally been started in the slow cooker. Which chicken soup will it turn out to be? That depends on whether I get hold of some red lentils, but I don’t think I can be bothered to go hunting for them, so I reckon I’ll make more chicken and barley instead

Or I might decide to take a chance on those green lentils

But my options are open for now as the first five or six hours is making the initial broth, which can then be taken in whichever direction available ingredients permit
    The soup has been observed, causing it to collapse from its superposition of states into chicken & barley soup

It'll need another three hours or so, I reckon.

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    Friday, Friday evening
    Come on Friday, it's been too long...

JJ Cale had it right in '79
    JJ Cale always has it right.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    But no good deed goes unpunished
    So true. Very sad, but true...
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

I Am Legend

Someone with 24 posts has decided to -ve rep me. I wonder how I shall respond?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Someone with 24 posts has decided to -ve rep me. I wonder how I shall respond?
    Who are they? Lemme at 'em!