test please delete test please delete - Page 32636
Page 32636 of 32967 FirstFirst ... 31636321363253632586326263263432635326363263732638326463268632736 ... LastLast
Posts 326,351 to 326,360 of 329670

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    My Dad has liquid morphine that was prescribed for my Nan but never got used. He tried to properly dispose of it but no-one would take it.

Absolutely nuts that it's not possible to properly dispose of prescription drugs.
    I know it's a bug bare of the NHS as well, the amount of prescription drugs that goes unused, but then again when all this kicked off we stocked up on insulin for Cost Centre #3, but at least we had the sense to pause his repeat prescription at the same time
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    The house is well stocked with Naproxen, Tramadol and even some liquid morphine hanging around that might still be in date.

Normal pain killers aren't effective for MrsMac, which is fun for the very rare occasions I need some pain killers and end up tripped out of my head
    I have the same. Pain killers have little effect on me. Tramadol is my preferred pain killer - most other have little effect.

It also means cannabis and cocaine have no effect on me. Very disappointing....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

My post count is Majestic

My Dad has liquid morphine that was prescribed for my Nan but never got used. He tried to properly dispose of it but no-one would take it.

Absolutely nuts that it's not possible to properly dispose of prescription drugs.

Allegedly your local pharmacy should be able to help.

It does seem odd how the NHS fail to recover medicines and medical devices when someone passes away. My FIL had a number of items (wheelchair, crutches, bed etc.) the NHS didn't seem to want back. You would of thought arranging a man in a van to pop round up to a fortnight after passing would save a fortune and they could collect the surplus drugs. Instead MIL was chasing them in her grief.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post

It does seem odd how the NHS fail to recover medicines and medical devices when someone passes away. My FIL had a number of items (wheelchair, crutches, bed etc.) the NHS didn't seem to want back. You would of thought arranging a man in a van to pop round up to a fortnight after passing would save a fortune and they could collect the surplus drugs. Instead MIL was chasing them in her grief.
    The local pharmacy refused to take them, called the GP for advice they said go to your pharmacy! Even the hospice where she died wasn't interested.

I have heard how equipment that can so easily be cleaned for reuse is never collected (or their return encouraged) followed by complaints about shortages because they're not returned

I Am Legend

After my knee operation, I was forced to buy a crutch before I could leave. Which I never used. And they would not take back - I have paid for it.

I think eventually I found a charity shop to take it.

When I had my accident, I used some walking sticks.

Just had lunch. Mackerel salad.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Links are up

Just had lunch!

Sardines on toast!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post

The local pharmacy refused to take them, called the GP for advice they said go to your pharmacy! Even the hospice where she died wasn't interested.

I have heard how equipment that can so easily be cleaned for reuse is never collected (or their return encouraged) followed by complaints about shortages because they're not returned
    I took Strangelove Pater's commode back to the NHS refurbishment place in Morriston once I'd found out where the feck it was.

The boxes of bandages and drugs* were either incinerated by me or returned to the pharmacy for disposal.

*Apart from the Good Stuff of course. Though I'm unlikely to run out of paracetamol for a good while yet.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Links are up

Off out to Halfords AutoCentre soon