test please delete test please delete - Page 32659
Page 32659 of 32939 FirstFirst ... 31659321593255932609326493265732658326593266032661326693270932759 ... LastLast
Posts 326,581 to 326,590 of 329389

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Lovely and hot today, Mrs MM and I had a walk to the butchers.

Luckily the Smithfields hoarders have now filled their freezers and left some for our local shop.

2 fillet steaks, 4 large pork belly slices, 12 sausages and 2 packs of thick back bacon were duly purchased.

Think I'm going to go for Chinese style with the pork belly and boil it in stock first.
    It will the be marinaded and roasted in the oven after.

Hmmm, not a job for today, as I have chicken soup to make
    got a recipe for that? sounds rather scrumptious.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    I was initially looking at the Alfa and also for a fleeting moment the Cupra Ateca - then I realised that I'm not really looking for a hooligan tool.

I'm looking for a large comfortable car to get on and off campsites, may pull a caravan or boat.

The Alfa isn't a hooligan tool, although the Skoda Ateca is.
    Hooligans don't buy Alfas because they were told that 40 years ago Alfas rusted, therefore they must be very unreliable today.

So, why rule out the Levante/Jag/Merc?
    Practice social posting
    Stay Alert
    - Moderate the Posts -Save Face
    Together we can beat the CV offenders

Gnoll Park closed.

Cemetery closed.

Footpaths closed.

I thought we were supposed to be getting exercise?

Walked all the way up the unclosed road to the top pond.

Sadly enough, the toad/frog spawn I put in the "everlasting" puddle proved futile as the puddle wasn't "everlasting" in the recent drought.

Ho hum.

Still I tried.

Better to have tried and failed that never to have tried at all.

The Leg complained a bit at the top, but seems ok at the moment, thanks for asking.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    got a recipe for that? sounds rather scrumptious.
    Sure

It's going to be similar to this one.....

Sticky Chinese Pork Belly PLUS VIDEO! - Nicky's Kitchen Sanctuary

Apart from:

Ill leave the pork belly slices whole and boil in stock as per the above recipe.

Once boiled in stock I will apply a similar marinade, brown sugar, honey, a little cider vinegar (as I have no rice wine), garlic, ginger, maybe some 5 spice, salt and pepper.

Chilly doesn't work well for the Mrs, so will leave that out.

Preferably, Ill leave overnight marinading in the fridge.

Will then roast at 180, rather than fry, probably will be around 40 minutes or so. YMMV.

The Korean place up the road does excellent ribs, but due to lack of work, for both of us, I'm not paying anyone to cook for me, ATM.

The good news on that front is the Mrs. application to be a BCS assessor is progressing well.
    For one student a portfolio assessment takes a day, which pays £500 and can done from home on a sole trader basis.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Sure

It's going to be similar to this one.....

Sticky Chinese Pork Belly PLUS VIDEO! - Nicky's Kitchen Sanctuary

Apart from:

Ill leave the pork belly slices whole and boil in stock as per the above recipe.

Once boiled in stock I will apply a similar marinade, brown sugar, honey, a little cider vinegar (as I have no rice wine), garlic, ginger, maybe some 5 spice, salt and pepper.

Chilly doesn't work well for the Mrs, so will leave that out.

Preferably, Ill leave overnight marinading in the fridge.

Will then roast at 180, rather than fry, probably will be around 40 minutes or so. YMMV.

The Korean place up the road does excellent ribs, but due to lack of work, for both of us, I'm not paying anyone to cook for me, ATM.

The good news on that front is the Mrs. application to be a BCS assessor is progressing well.
    For one student a portfolio assessment takes a day, which pays £500 and can done from home on a sole trader basis.
    cheers, might take a walk to the butcher's later.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    The Alfa isn't a hooligan tool, although the Skoda Ateca is.
    Hooligans don't buy Alfas because they were told that 40 years ago Alfas rusted, therefore they must be very unreliable today.

So, why rule out the Levante/Jag/Merc?
    Because I like the Audi Q7 and the Volvo XC90.

I used to have an Alfa Romeo 164 Cloverleaf - As far as I'm concerned the Stelvio Quadrifoglio *is* a hooligan tool. YMMV.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 8th April 2020 at 11:28.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

I Am Legend

This virus has done what no woman has been able to do. Stop all sports, close bars, and keep men at home....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

I Am Legend

A mate of mine is so bored he just rang at random person in India and asked if they had an accident in the last 3 years...
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Currently watching the ebay clock ticking down on a rather nice looking Rover P4 110.

I've not bid on it.

<hiatus>

£3200.

Bargain.

Looks nice too.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8th April 2020 at 11:56.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

I Am Legend

If the government had created the "stay at home" challenge and put it on Facebook, the virus would be gone by now...