• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Business Project Manager messages me earlier: Have you seen the cutover plan
    Me: Yes
    Her: Did you see the email from one of the business users sent yesterday
    Her: His email is different to the cutover plan
    Me: It is
    Her: **Starts to copy and paste his email
    Me: Were you planning on just pasting his whole email into this message?
    Her: Well yes, I need to know why his email is so different
    Me: Have you asked him?
    Her: No, because the plan is different to what he says, I need you to tell me why he is wrong
    Me: He's not. You summarised 6 steps into 2. You also said that it would take 15 minutes when it's about 2 hours
    Her: So why is it not right in the project plan?
    Me: I'd want to ask the project manager that I don't know.

...10 mins later an email comes out from her, scheduling a meeting to discuss changing the project plan. The timing of the meeting clashes with tasks in the actual cutover.
    mumsnet.com
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well I went outside.

A short queue for M&S and other than no flour (but they did have cornflour, which is what I needed) and no rye sourdough they were well stocked. I bought an 'Irish' soda bread instead even though it's so simple even I can make it myself.

I was hoping the walk would clear the headache. Sadly not.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        AtW and Scootysnot seem unbannable. NAT's biased modding is painful.
        A little mouse whispered in my ear to say that the Late Zeitghost formed much the same opinion.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Business Project Manager messages me earlier: Have you seen the cutover plan
          Her: Did you see the email from one of the business users sent yesterday
          Her: His email is different to the cutover plan
          Me: It is
          Her: **Starts to copy and paste his email
          Me: Were you planning on just pasting his whole email into this message?
          Her: Well yes, I need to know why his email is so different
          Me: Have you asked him?
          Her: No, because the plan is different to what he says, I need you to tell me why he is wrong
          Me: He's not. You summarised 6 steps into 2. You also said that it would take 15 minutes when it's about 2 hours
          Her: So why is it not right in the project plan?
          Me: I'd want to ask the project manager that I don't know.

...10 mins later an email comes out from her, scheduling a meeting to discuss changing the project plan. The timing of the meeting clashes with tasks in the actual cutover.
          is the meeting to discuss changing the project plan, in the project plan, and was there a meeting to discuss that meeting ?
          Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
            is the meeting to discuss changing the project plan, in the project plan, and was there a meeting to discuss that meeting ?
            Can't beat a good meta-meeting.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Can't beat a good meta-meeting.
              thats why i don't do meetings !!!
              Married

Comment

Starting to cloud over out there now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Starting to cloud over out there now
                  Raining here.

Comment

Decided to watch The Gold Rush, a 1942 Charlie Charles Chaplin classic, as it's free with my Curzon membership.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 17 April 2020, 15:14.

Comment

Raining hard here. I was about to take Millie out for a walk between my 4pm and 5pm calls, but then the rain came on, so it'll be 6 before she gets out
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X