• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freecell score in the existential ennui: 100% of 16 plays, running average 83%.

Lunch: scrambed egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, corner yogurt thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just in case the ennui wasn't ennui enough I listened to DSOTM off the Pulse CD.

In a bit of a turnup for the book, him next door is mowing his lawns unprompted by me.

2nd time he's done it now.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausage bap for lunch

No sauce, as I wanted to get the measure of these sausages. They’re Jolly Hog ones, just straightforward pork rather than any of the fancy ones they do, as they were on offer at Sainsbury’s. Quite a decent sausage, as supermarket sausages go

Comment

According to my weather app it appears to be 21 degrees outside. Summer!

Maybe I will pop out to the patio for a sit in the shade.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          According to my weather app it appears to be 21 degrees outside. Summer!

Maybe I will pop out to the patio for a sit in the shade.
          Just 18° here. Still very pleasant though

Comment

Lunch was a chicken and bacon club sandwich courtesy of MrsB.

No digesting with a cup of coffee.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Big batch of my patented broad, flat chips brought to stage II and now cooling, ready to go in the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Big batch of my patented broad, flat chips brought to stage II and now cooling, ready to go in the freezer
                Do you have room for them? Or was the chip section the only area with space in it?

Comment

Strewth it's warm out there Bruce.

Very nearly hot enough to boil a monkey's bum, at a guess.

And, having been for a walk & a potter about in the shed, the hayfever symptoms have returned unbidden.

Unbidden is one of those words that one was forbidden from using in handouts for Ye Greate Unwashed at Ye Slough of Desponde (Olde & Newe).

Along with "whose" and suchlike phrases and sayings, in case they were difficult to understand.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2020, 15:14.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Do you have room for them? Or was the chip section the only area with space in it?
                    There’s just about enough space to cram them in - they may have to go with the bread for now though

Comment

Sitting on a video conference call. Decided to have a shave and put on a clean shirt before it, so The Wife (tm) decided I should also have a hair cut (she cuts my hair regularly).
                      Got on the call. Now staring at the thermometer outside, where it's nudging 28C.

Might see if I can get a beer shortly.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X