• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Err... no and no.

Same week not same day.
    shift work??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      shift work??

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have written out birthday cards for my Dad and HWMBO whose birthdays are at the beginning of May.

Not sure when to post them for optimal delivery as the post seems to be on the wonk a bit. I'll probably take a punt on Wednesday and hope it works out.
        Private Eye arrived on time this week, which it doesn’t always even without pestilence

But that’s bulk commercial mail, which is handled differently up to the delivery office. I got one birthday card on Wednesday and one today. Today’s was from my parents, and they probably had to get a neighbour to put it in the post, so it might have been sent late anyway.

Comment

Today was the Use By date for the Big Chicken I got last week, so it was converted into a roast chicken dinner, and extremely nice it was too

That means making zingy soup soon, so it’s a good thing there’s starting to be a little room in the freezer

Comment

Useless project manager left the office early today. It’s only go-live weekend.

The 5pm go/no-go meeting was between 11 of us, CIO and others in the US, plus the senior members of the team over here. She arrived on the call 5 mins before the end, claiming she had been on all along and that the audio wasn’t working, except her name didn’t appear until 5 mins before the end.
            She has since advised a couple of business managers that she won’t be coming in on Monday as there’s no need.
            She’s the local business project manager.
            It’s go live.
            She’s not turning up.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Freecell score: 75%, running average 83%.
              The evening's attempt even fecking worse: 74%

Got the fecking sheets in off the line in the dark.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of Horizon before it pissed me off, then more of "Legacy of Ashes", then an hour of Simon Scharma's History of Britain, being the rousing tale of Edward I, Hammer of the Scots.

He did such a good job of suppressing the Welsh that they didn't bother mentioning it on his tomb.

Never mind Edward II ended up with a red hot poker up his arse to make up for it.

And in other news, the population of Wales are now interned within walking distance of home.

As decreed by the mother****ers in Cardiff.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 April 2020, 22:22.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Your dad and your boyfriend? Same person?

You from Norfolk?
                ouch!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  ouch!
                  Can you count on one hand how often you’ve been insulted like this, and is the answer 6?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Can you count on one hand how often you’ve been insulted like this, and is the answer 6?

you need to avoid assuming personal experience is the reality
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      And in other news, the population of Wales are now interned within walking distance of home.

As decreed by the mother****ers in Cardiff.
                      Wasn't Zig going to go to Angelsey this weekend? That may scupper his plans somewhat.

Comment

Working...
                      X