test please delete test please delete - Page 32917
Page 32917 of 33177 FirstFirst ... 31917324173281732867329073291532916329173291832919329273296733017 ... LastLast
Posts 329,161 to 329,170 of 331769

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    There is a lot of difference between being banned and driving off in the wife's car in a huff, to running a car that has been doctored specifically to be less noticeable, not sure how it doesn't factor in sentencing.
    Sentencing would only address the charged offences, dangerous driving and driving while disqualified.

The matter of the car being on cloned plates would presumably be something the police would take up with the brother who asserts ownership of the car, and would be a separate case. This guy may not even have known it was cloned (and neither may the brother). Or the police may just not have had any evidence that he knew, or the CPS may have decided that any such evidence was insufficient to be likely to lead to a conviction on charges related to that.

At any rate, no charges appear to have been brought in connection with it, and courts don’t get to sentence you for something with which you haven’t been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sentencing would only address the charged offences, dangerous driving and driving while disqualified.

The matter of the car being on cloned plates would presumably be something the police would take up with the brother who asserts ownership of the car, and would be a separate case. This guy may not even have known it was cloned (and neither may the brother). Or the police may just not have had any evidence that he knew, or the CPS may have decided that any such evidence was insufficient to be likely to lead to a conviction on charges related to that.

At any rate, no charges appear to have been brought in connection with it, and courts don’t get to sentence you for something with which you haven’t been charged.

hmm very frustrating.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

What a cracking day out there, a rare treat so in honour of this I have spent it indoors playing BattleFront 2.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by quackhandle View Post
    What a cracking day out there, a rare treat so in honour of this I have spent it indoors playing BattleFront 2.

qh
    Lucky you, spent most of it drafting estimates for a 4:00pm call that I got told about at 10:am this morning.

It ain't gonna be cheap.

World of Tanks is currently my quick gaming fix. HEAT round to the face MoFo
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

It’s made it to 25°C outside and in, and the chestnut tree is looking good in the sun

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    It’s made it to 25°C outside and in, and the chestnut tree is looking good in the sun
    26°C here
    Married

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Not quite as high as yesterday here - it's about 28C
    Check...Change...Go

Godlike

It's been up to 22 today! Missed an opportunity to get the bed linen out on the line as it forecast to all go downhill from tomorrow

26 in the shade here!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 83%.

Lentil <pffffft> soup made, now cooling before meeting the freezer.

Chilli con carne made, already cooled, so it met the freezer 10 minutes ago.

Tea: roast lamb with carrots and onions, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Gardening engardened for a mere hour since it's hot out there & I didn't feel like doing more.
    When the fun stops, STOP.