test please delete test please delete - Page 32954
Page 32954 of 33138 FirstFirst ... 31954324543285432904329443295232953329543295532956329643300433054 ... LastLast
Posts 329,531 to 329,540 of 331372

Godlike

Client has no idea how to use Azure DevOps so I've had to create a load of 'tasks' as user stories

My PM and I tried to talk them through it yesterday and it was a waste of time in the end.

They also want to only use it for listing jobs on the technical side of things and don't care about anything else the project needs to deliver (you, simple stuff like service, monitoring, alerting) they actually don't care what those requirements are as they are in 'agile' JFDI mode of get some stuff up and running.

I am grateful that: 1. I am WFH, 2. I am on the best rate I've ever had, 3. I am not close enough to punch them in the face (although I think our architect would have beaten them to a pulp by now anyway), 4. I managed to blag back down to 4 days a week so I don't have to suffer full time working just yet.

My post count is Majestic

Prescription collected, under the blazing sun

It appears the doctor has done the several months’ pre-approval thing by making it an issue-on-demand prescription or some such thing, meaning it hasn’t been put together awaiting my arrival - I go there, ask for it (through the window by the door, as they don’t let you inside now), they look it up, then I have to wait, pacing aimlessly around the shelterless car park in the heat of the day, pausing only to say “No, I’m not the queue, go ahead” while gesturing at the aforementioned window to other people who turn up and stand near me, until the pharmacist assembles it

I might try phoning them a day in advance next time; maybe that will make things easier for all of us

Anyway, due to the pharmacy only being six or seven minutes’ walk away, that didn’t take care of today’s exercise ring, so I’ll still have to either go for a walk this evening or have a go on the exercise bike. Might do the latter, just to keep the momentum up

Nice But Dim

Afternoon all.

CBS
    Hot, again.
    Dog alternating between sprawling in the sun in the back garden and coming back in to sprawl on the floor in the shade.

Spent the morning pointing out to client co. that a project that allows access to customer data, by people who aren't customers or client co. employees, without having to actually go through any kind of tedious authentication process is probably a bad idea.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGarbs View Post
    Always good to know what WM schedule you have !!!

Side note - how come you have 2 WM ?
    Because The Very Expensive Miele WM failed twice in 6 weeks, fortunately after I'd extended the warranty to 10 years, and I got fed up with washing stuff in the bath whilst awaiting a service call, so I bought a cheapo from Currys that cost £75 less than the extended warranty on WM1.

When that breaks it goes in the bin, the other one is too expensive to do that with, as is the TD.

Sheets out of WM2 and pegged out.

Shirts out of TD and ironed after a fashion.

Cottons in WM2, out in 25 mins to go in the TD coz I like fluffy towels.

In other news: I've forgotten all my email passwords other than the one for work which is, of course, irrelevant since it doesn't exist any more.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), corner yog thing*, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*yellow.

<hiatus>

Cottons in the TD.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29th May 2020 at 12:04.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Because The Very Expensive Miele WM failed twice in 6 weeks, fortunately after I'd extended the warranty to 10 years, and I got fed up with washing stuff in the bath whilst awaiting a service call, so I bought a cheapo from Currys that cost £75 less than the extended warranty on WM1.

When that breaks it goes in the bin, the other one is too expensive to do that with, as is the TD.
    I follow similar economics: I looked at the expensive stuff and then bought disposable as delivery on a replacement was faster than waiting for a repair. Go figure.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    I follow similar economics: I looked at the expensive stuff and then bought disposable as delivery on a replacement was faster than waiting for a repair. Go figure.
    Yes, I was very impressed with a 2 week wait the first time and nearly a 3 week wait the next.

Not impressed.

And once it's diagnosed you then have to wait for the parts to arrive so they can fit them.

The Currys delivery was brilliant.

I think I paid for it on the Thursday, it was delivered on Sunday morning, they unpacked it and put it in the salting house, and the washing was done by the afternoon.

In contrast, the Miele from AO was dumped in the kitchen, so I had to unpack it, which is easier said than done with a 100kgm WM.

Getting it off the pallet was inneresting, and involved a sabre saw to cut the battens up.

Still can't remember the Google mail password.

I've only used the fecking thing for 10 years or so.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29th May 2020 at 12:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

It’s maintaining a decent balance between being sunny out and sending a gentle zephyr through the windows to keep the flat cool

I need to pop down and see about reverse trundling; pretty sure there was some bin-related action going on out the back while I was cooking the sausages.

Whatever I heard earlier must have been something different, as they were only just starting the reverse trundle from the recycling bin wagon when I got down there. This meant I was able to secure the slightly newer one for our yard

Not that it makes any difference as they all have exactly the same capacity and method of operation, but still

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Whatever I heard earlier must have been something different, as they were only just starting the reverse trundle from the recycling bin wagon when I got down there. This meant I was able to secure the slightly newer one for our yard

Not that it makes any difference as they all have exactly the same capacity and method of operation, but still
    It's a principle! And it'd be one that I'd follow if such a thing were needed at my place.

Godlike

Dell delivered the new micro PC for the parentals a bit earlier than I expected (I thought it was coming on Monday) so I spend some billing time setting it up.

Can't do everything but most is sorted and the rest will be done when I'm allowed to deliver it.

I suspect they will be impressed by the size but my Dad will still complain that it's not immediately usable as soon as the power button is pressed

Oh and the fun to be had with them figuring out Win10...

Damn...forgot to install Team Viewer on it so I can do remote support when my Dad installs something dodgy.