• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Cold shower here.

Do we need to send you transit van pictures?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Do we need to send you Transit van Pictures?
      I've heard of Dick van Dyke, Ludwig van Beethoven and Jean-Claude van Damme, but I don't know the van Pictures - perhaps we go round in different circles.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mundane laundry laundered

Might have a Wispa (snack-size) to celebrate

Even with the windows open and 14°C outside, it's still 21° in here and in the bedroom. Occasional light drizzle, but no full-on showers yet.

Comment

As rain goes, that went.

And having went, all it's achieved is to make the place more humid.

Freecell score: 83% (and it took forever to get it back that high), running average 83%.

Not a good day.

Lunch, in a foul mood due to Freecell, two Irish mustard and Tesco spam sandwiches on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on same, beetroot sandwich on Morrisons multiseed, yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Having achieved 83%, it was onward towards more cleaning of the springs, this time the bookcases in the front bedroom.

Having done this, the rationalisation seems to have been remarkable successful or I've forgotten to put something back.

One spider was irritated during this exercise.

I've many too many books.

I've got lots of books about sniping.

Make of that what you will.

Tired now.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I've got lots of books about sniping.
            I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that these are not about tactics for winning eBay auctions in the last few seconds

Comment

Drizzling fairly persistently now. And the wind is getting up

Comment

Tea: Liver and bacon with onion gravy (rather odd gravy because I had a brainfart whilst making it), orange segments and custard (one and a half oranges since the first orange was a curate's egg), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Enrtertainment:

TBD but I'm sure that Timeless S1 E14 "The Lost Generation" wherein our heroes land on a strange island where a plane has crashed.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Picked up another project at work, which will add to the list of other projects I'm doing nothing on
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 4 June 2020, 08:28.

Comment

Dinner has been a repeat of the duck, spuds and carrots from the other day as I'd made enough of everything for two meals.

Now watching Inside Central Station, S2 E5.

Comment

Hemming and hawing over what to have for dinner…

Something warming, I reckon, to mark the beginning of autumn outside

Comment

Working...
                      X