• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tip's reopening next week

The other one across the city reopened a few weeks ago, but they reckoned it was harder to rearrange the nearby one to accommodate social distancing, and handling queues of cars will be more awkward too as it's just off a main road, whereas the other one is on a fairly quiet road in an industrial estate.

Comment

The Dog (tw) has had her evening stroll.

Time for me to water the garden.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ Now there's a thing I don't miss, watering gardens and greenhouses.

No need here since it's been pissing down again & it's still black as ink very dark out there.

Little ash trees need to be discouraged before they very rapidly turn into big ash trees.

Tea: bol out of the freezer (last but one) with a sufficiency of spag to go with it and proper Welsh cheddar() grated on top (), orange segments & custard (which reminds me I need to pick the gooseberries before they all split), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea (which was unexpected very strong this evening, maybe I put two teabags in the teapot instead of one).

Entertainment: no Sapphire & Steel, that recommences on Monday at 23:00.

Timeless S2 E8 "The day Reagan got shot".

Hill Street Blues S1 E3 "Politics as usual".

No doubt there'll be sommat else as well but I'm not quite sure what at the moment.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bit short walk with loony lady 1 today, she wasn't feeling too well.

Never found they did anything before but feeling rather low today so bought an E Cigarette. Gordon Bennet, couple of puffs made me feel really high! Better not fall down the stairs.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice it was, as always

No sign of the new owner; I think she was upstairs having a break. But I was informed by a usually reliable source that they were busy tonight

Comment

Entertainment (continued): HSB S1E4 "Can WWIII be an attitude" wherein our heroes are pleased to find that POTUS has cancelled his visit to The Hill, however the street gangs get all upset.

After which I couldn't find one of the several hundred dvds scattered about the place that I wanted to watch.

In addition there's only 4 more eps of "Timeless" to go.

Innerestingly enough, back in the early 80s Septic tv programmes lasted for 49 minutes, unlike the 40 minutes of nowadays.

Comment

The drive home from the parentals was uneventful. I couldn't get parked on my road, which is travesty of epic proportions. I will be seeking to remedy that as soon as possible.

Not sure how accurate the barometer is going to be. It seems to be reading very high. Maybe I need to take it the The Repair Shop. Which would require a trip back down to Sussex, having pretty much driven past its filming location (sort of, artistic license employed) today.

<tinkering>

A cursory internet search revealed a requirement to calibrate the barometer. This I have done, after consulting a number of local weather sources.

High pressure, currently 1011 hPa.

Will see how it performs over the next few days to check if it is working or not.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 13 June 2020, 23:10.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment - no, let me start again: tonight's first film was Blade Runner 2049 (2017) which takes absolutely forever to not do very much. I seriously considered abandoning it at various points, but realised I'd probably feel impelled to go back and try to finish it eventually, so I stuck it out until the end. Thank God that's over and done with and I don't have to bother with it any more

And I only got within around 800 on the MPAA number

After that I fancied something futuristic but also actually entertaining, so I rewatched Anon (2018). That's more like it! It may not be the greatest film ever made, but it's a good solid augmented reality/technological panopticon thriller that keeps the story moving, doesn't take any longer than it needs to tell that story, and generally works very well

Some drunk is shouting a lot outside. Sounds quite annoyed about something. We don't get so much of this at this time of night since all the pubs and clubs closed; it's quite like those dear, dead days beyond recall

Goodnight all

Comment

2049 is an awful film.

What amuses me are the reviews on imdb and the number of 10* reviews.

They must have been on drugs.

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Wet.

Raining.

Sunless.

Sunday.

After last week's rather amusing thing at 08:50 on R4, this week we had an Eton boy doing his thing in support of Bozo.

Comment

Working...
                      X