test please delete test please delete - Page 33166
Page 33166 of 33227 FirstFirst ... 321663266633066331163315633164331653316633167331683317633216 ... LastLast
Posts 331,651 to 331,660 of 332268

My post count is Majestic

I suppose I'd better go and walk round the block or something to get this green ring sorted out

Just remembered what really pissed me off with H2G2 was the lack of Pink Floyd from Marvin while they were looking at the sunrise/sunset on Magrathea.

Bloody amateurs.

Entertainment: HSB S3 E19: "Eugene's Comedy Empire Strikes Back " wherein Vic Hitler's narcolepsy comes to the fore.

Now: Roswell: New Mexico S2 E3: "Good Mother" wherein An Abductee returns after a month.

Barometer down to 1017 mbar now.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13th July 2020 at 19:42.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I suppose I'd better go and walk round the block or something to get this green ring sorted out
    And done

Naturally, it started raining as soon as I was twenty yards or so down the road

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    And done

Naturally, it started raining as soon as I was twenty yards or so down the road
    You are a rain god.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    You are a rain god.
    It definitely seems to wait for me to emerge before prostrating itself before me

Tea has been M&S non-chunky breaded haddock, with chips and beans. I tried the thing of snapping one of the fillets in half to make a bigger portion, and it worked out just right

Entertainment (continued): HSB S3 E20 "Spotlight on Rico".

HSB S3 E21 "Buddy, Can You Spare a Heart? " wherein LaRue buys a calf's heart for nefarious reasons.

HSB S3 E22 "A Hill of Beans " being the end of S3 wherein the precinct payroll gets stolen. And recovered. And a naughty policeman meets his end.

Another TV-free night (apart from Ambulance during dinner), as I continued reading They Thought They Were Free. It's an interesting exploration of the attitudes, beliefs, motivations and so on of ordinary Germans under Nazism, based on spending a year or so in the early 1950s getting to know a number of them from a small town well enough that they would speak freely, or fairly freely, about their lives between 1933 and 1945.

The rain continued here for a while, but seems to have moved on now

Goodnight all

Godlike

Morning all

Overcast here but fairly bright. There is a slight dampness from the overnight rain. Current temperature is 17 degrees with a forecast high of 21 later. The sun isn't expected to make much of an appearance. Low chance of further rain fall. Barometer has fallen to 1015 mBar. Light northerly breeze.

First coffee being drunk. Very tired after a second night of poor sleep interrupted by not nice dreams.

Bins (normal and recycling) have been taken out and placed in the communal bin store.

Discovered evidence on the kitchen door mat of a slug creeping in under the kitchen door so measures will have to be taken to deal with that.

Godlike

Just came across this YouTube channel (courtesy of the comments on an El Reg article) that I think will be of interest to some of our longer serving IT brethren:

CuriousMarc - YouTube