• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely tea of lamb chops, chips, petits pois, mint sauce, and gravy

Down to 18°C outside here, still holding at 24° inside for the moment but there's a slight cooling breeze though the sashes occasionally

Comment

After our first 2 bottles tonight, my wife pointed out that we didn’t need to tidy/hoover/hide everything in the house. So we opened a decent bottle to have with dinner.

TFBSZ.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

The Prisoner E15 "Once Upon a Time ".

The Prisoner E16 "Fall Out "

What a way to wrap up a series

Even "Lost" managed to do it better than that.

The extras included a documentary about the making thereof which was mildly inneresting in terms of the egotism of Number 6.

There's also alternate cuts of a couple of eps but I've not watched those yet, nor the commentary on the final ep.

McGoohan seems to have been a pain in the arse to work with, and got worse & worse as the thing went on.

Then it was time for the extras on "Angel has fallen" which were rather more inneresting.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from Prof. Lipscomb on the numerous perils of Edwardian homes while I was dining. Instead, I got through another two or three chapters of Das Boot

Oh, and trundling was accomplished earlier.

This place is still doing too good a job of keeping the heat in, maintaining an even 24°C throughout the evening

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

I forgot to report that my trundling was done yesterday. It has just been picked up.

It's wonderfully cool 18 degrees at the moment, with a forecast high of 24. 90% chance of precipitation this afternoon. Barometer up a touch at 1012 mBar. Weather app says it's foggy but it just looks dark and overcast to me.

First coffee being drunk.

Today is (hopefully) a doing day.

Comment

Morning all
              18C and murky out there.

Nicer temperature to be walking in, but the mist/low cloud just shows the humidity level.

(I was going to write fog instead of mist, but changed it. Now I want to go and find out what the difference is between the two...)

Comment

OK, got it...

What is the difference between mist, fog and haze? - Met Office

Doesn't really help.

By international agreement (particularly for aviation purposes) fog is the name given to resulting visibility less than 1 km. However, in forecasts for the public, this generally refers to visibility less than 180 m.

Current vis is probably around 250-300m based on the trees I can/can't see.

Comment

In the cafe yesterday and the rather attractive young lady behind the counter went off to get something then came back and said "I'm all yours". Hard not to make a rude comment but fortunately I managed not to.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    In the cafe yesterday and the rather attractive young lady behind the counter went off to get something then came back and said "I'm all yours". Hard not to make a rude comment but fortunately I managed not to.
                    I well remember losing the power of speech when observing the extreme pulchritude of the new receptionist at the dentist.

Morning

Damp.

Dank.

Grey.

Light grey sky.

Sunless.

Dreary.

23.9 deg in here.

1010 mBar.

Friday apparently.

Shirts in the WM along with the odd socks and such that missed out on Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Shirts out of WM and into TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Two little old ladies discussing on Woman's Hour about what they did in the war, it being VJ day.

One of them could field strip a Sten.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 August 2020, 09:26.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out

Currently 17°C and rising, but not too much; 22° in the living room, 23° and falling in the bedroom. Much better, in other words

Comment

Working...
                      X