• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    why would I care about London... It's a flight sim, I'm using it to "fly" from a to b...
    fair enough, it's just they're selling it on it's wonderful world views.
    and i live in London

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just noticed that the old boys' newsletter that came yesterday, apparently believing it deserves a more distinguished appellation, refers to itself on the cover as the "mid-year pubication"

Let's hope they don't realise and continue to use the same template for many years to come
      This launched me on a search for a reference to "Nidian" which is the Neath Boys' Grammar Skool magazine.

Looks like there isn't one.

Apart, of course, from this one, which will appear shortly, once the spider has done its thing.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Walk walked, during which I realised what the curious piece of Selotape(tm) was for: it insulated my added bit from the surrounding tin can.

Also had a chap with an ancient chap (even more of an than I) who was potching about with the passenger seat of his Reliant Robin.

Asked him if he'd owned a BMW Isetta back in the day since it was always parked where his Reliant resides.

However apparently not.

Isetta - Wikipedia

Though communication was difficult since he was rather deaf.
        He probably thought you were asking him about French letters!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The rain finally moved on while I was busy, so now it's just grey and a bit breezy. Might shut the window as it's now down to 20°C in here, against 19° out there

Comment

steady rain all day so far here.
            23C indoors, so quite nice after last week's 39.

Comment

The rain seems to have eased up for now and it seems quite bright compared to earlier.

I am toying with putting the duvet back inside the duvet cover as I've gotten a bit chilly these past couple of nights, usually around 3am.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                The rain seems to have eased up for now and it seems quite bright compared to earlier.

I am toying with putting the duvet back inside the duvet cover as I've gotten a bit chilly these past couple of nights, usually around 3am.
                isn't himself keeping you warm then?

Comment

I dug out the summer duvet once the place started to cool down to a reasonable temperature

Comment

Tea: liver and bacon with onion "gravy" (did something wrong there, it and the liver were pretty meh), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The conclusion of "Ice Station Zeeeeeebra (1968)" which was amusing enough.

I was quite correct it had "Exit Music" a.k.a. Extro.

Now watching War Factories, this week all about VW.

It's raining again.

Now watching In search of Nazi Secrets on Blaze, the poor man's Nazi History channel.

23.4 in here & getting warmer.

Dr PimplePopper is doing her thing at 22:00 on Really.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 August 2020, 20:14.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
                      isn't himself keeping you warm then?
                      Yes but no

Comment

Working...
                      X