test please delete test please delete - Page 33385
Page 33385 of 33624 FirstFirst ... 32385328853328533335333753338333384333853338633387333953343533485 ... LastLast
Posts 333,841 to 333,850 of 336232

Double Godlike!

Trundling done.

Bed made.

Packing done (just work things to sort out tomorrow)

Bed time.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Apparently a young bloke was stabbed in the leg after being attacked by a gang armed with hammers and machetes just up the road at teatime
    And I thought my neighbourhood was heading downhill because there was a Morrisons delivery van parked outside my block of flats today!

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    And I thought my neighbourhood was heading downhill because there was a Morrisons delivery van parked outside my block of flats today!
    It's been bumping along the bottom for years round here

In fact, according to the local copper when asked at one of the Neighbourhood Watch meetings a while ago, it's only in very specific areas that they get a lot of crime reported. The block I'm on is generally fine, but up the side streets on the other side of the road is worse, and it generally gets worse further up towards town except for a couple of streets which, probably not coincidentally, have slightly larger (but still terraced) houses and a greater number of owner-occupiers. There's even one street up towards the town end where the crime all happens in the half of it nearest the main road; nothing seems to happen on the further half

My post count is Majestic

I had a rest from the telly tonight, instead starting to read Night of Camp David by Fletcher Knebel, emblazoned in large letters on the cover with the words "What if the President of the USA went stark staring mad?" A bestseller in 1965, it was for some reason republished a couple of years ago

In fact I started to read it some months ago but wasn't in the mood; I started again from the beginning, and it seems OK.

And once I'd finished the first chapter, I also browsed a few more days of Sam Pepys' diary for 1664.

Goodnight all

Super poster

Bonjour, again... Two café créme, plus croissant and a pain au chocolat. Sat on the quayside absorbing life. C'est la vie...

VPN server on Raspi (Wireguard) working very well. Took all of 15 minutes to set up.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Double Godlike!

morning all.
    hazy sunshine in shivery sarf herts.
    TFIF.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Double Godlike!

Morning all

Hazy out, I'd say. High level cloud with bits of blue poking through. 11 degrees at the moment but no wind, so it'd probably be pleasantly fresh if I went outside. Forecast high of 21 later, low chance of precipitation and looks like it'll get sunnier.

First coffee being drunk.

Saw that a heatwave is expected next week in Southern England. Perfect timing to be in Glasgow

Bins have been collected.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's been bumping along the bottom for years round here

In fact, according to the local copper when asked at one of the Neighbourhood Watch meetings a while ago, it's only in very specific areas that they get a lot of crime reported. The block I'm on is generally fine, but up the side streets on the other side of the road is worse, and it generally gets worse further up towards town except for a couple of streets which, probably not coincidentally, have slightly larger (but still terraced) houses and a greater number of owner-occupiers. There's even one street up towards the town end where the crime all happens in the half of it nearest the main road; nothing seems to happen on the further half
    The police.uk site, of which I'm sure you're aware, can be quite informative about crime incidents.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 11th September 2020 at 07:14.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Morning all
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

More fingers than teeth

The police.uk site, of which I'm sure you're aware, can be quite informative about crime incidents.
    Nothing at all in my area this month. How boring!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)