• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Afternoon.

I did about 2 hours gardening - hacking, sweeping, raking and grass mowing.

I feel extremely tired.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Didn't know you prefered a Centralist who insists people answer his questions.

You could have two weeks of Maajid if you started listening at the end of August.

Anyway here is their new "exciting" Autumn schedule - LBC announces exciting new autumn schedule - LBC

Better him than a Lefty that only allows you the Answer to the questions as they should be in HIS opinion.

Prefer Maajid as he does seem to have done some research, is of the opinion that people should do the correct thing etc. I agree when he gets the bit between his teeth he can be annoying but can't we all?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

just found this, for all the 's

Colossal Cave Adventure game at DOSGames.com

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
          just found this, for all the 's

Colossal Cave Adventure game at DOSGames.com
          PLUGH

XYZZY

Throw ax

Is that the one?

Written in FORTRAN IIRC, having attacked it with a hex reader.

Gardened for much of the afternoon, though I hadn't intended so to do.

Her next door but one with the ample bosom was out in the garden so what else could one do?

Managed to break my Lidl(tm) much abused shears by attempting to cut a much too large ivy stem.

The replacement isn't nearly as good.

I think the original will have a repair if I can get some weld to stick.

Removed much ivy from next door's shed and removed many brambles that were growing over the wall from next door into the magnificently embosomed one's garden.

Why the idle git next door can't be arsed I really dunno.

His grandmother and grandfather must be spinning in their respective urns.

Also cleared out many spiders webs from assorted sheds.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well the working day is over, thank goodness. I've probably forgotten to so something but I care not a jot right now.

Had to post a birthday card so a lovely walk was had in the afternoon sunshine to the post box and along to check my car was still where it ought to be.

In between meetings and general earning a living I did do smalls laundry and washed the bed linen. No, it's not the weekend already. I am off to HWMBO's tomorrow for a week and I always like to be sure I come back to a tidy flat and fresh bedding.

Bins are in the pre trundling preparation stage.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              PLUGH

XYZZY

Throw ax

Is that the one?

Written in FORTRAN IIRC, having attacked it with a hex reader.

yep, that one.

Comment

Dinner was the last of the stovies, with cheddar and parmesan sprinklings.
                and a nice Rioja.
                ent: - callan, on LL.
                then probably more MURDUR!!
                i'm feeling a bit weird, today, like i'm schizophrenic, for some reason.

strange days indeed.

Comment

Entertainment: TBD.
                  "Phone Booth (2002)" with Colin Farrell, Forest Whitaker, Kiefer Sutherland.

Amusing enough in its 80 minutes to keep me happy.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Curry night here: chicken madras, rice, and naan

Comment

"Phone Booth (2002)" with Colin Farrell, Forest Whitaker, Kiefer Sutherland.

Amusing enough in its 80 minutes to keep me happy.
                      I vaguely remember quite liking that one

Comment

Working...
                      X