test please delete test please delete - Page 33414
Page 33414 of 33429 FirstFirst ... 3241432914333143336433404334123341333414334153341633424 ... LastLast
Posts 334,131 to 334,140 of 334289

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    So it seems

I've never bothered going through the anti-dupe code in detail but I know it exists, so I've no idea how it managed that
    It was a bit like this:

BREAKING BAD - Ding, ding / Bell ring - YouTube

Without the wheelchair.

Walk walked.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Hovis seed sensation toast (crust cos it was a bit thicker, like), bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Lunch has been the last of the chicken, tomato and lentil soup out of the freezer with wholemeal bread

I need to get a Big Chicken next time I go shopping, and also a small gammon joint to make some more ham, pea and lentil soup

And I should probably consider walking into town to the market some time. Haven't been there since it was reduced to about a dozen stallholders clumped together in the middle in the early days of lockdown, but I think it's back to something more like its normal "biggest covered market in Europe" status now

(I've no idea if it actually is the biggest covered market in Europe, it's just something the powers that be always say about it.)

More olive oil dribbled into the ears, and the concomitant greasy neck when I bring my head upright again after several minutes of steeping

Last time it was the right ear which took several days, if not a couple of weeks, before suddenly releasing a greasy plug of black earwax

This time the main issue is the left ear and I've started with the oil earlier than last time, so maybe it'll gloop forth its contents a bit sooner

Smelly and now olive-oil-stained exercise gear in the wash

It's rather warm out there, and even warmer in the various sheds and garage so I've given up rather earlier today.

Quite why Strangelove Pater acquired so many cold chisels is currently rather beyond my ken.

There must be more than a dozen or so.

Gone very grey out and the temperature is plummeting - down to 17°C out there now

Double Godlike!

Lunch (which was several hours ago now but I forgot to mention at the time) was cheese and ham toasty made for me by HWMBO.

Discovered that the consultancy I'm working with sent everyone an afternoon tea that was delivered today. They didn't know I'm in Scotlandshire so my caretaker got the benefit of that gift.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Lunch (which was several hours ago now but I forgot to mention at the time) was cheese and ham toasty made for me by HWMBO.

Discovered that the consultancy I'm working with sent everyone an afternoon tea that was delivered today. They didn't know I'm in Scotlandshire so my caretaker got the benefit of that gift.
    Nice gift there - shame you couldn't get it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Tea: the last of the roast lamb with carrots & onions, nearly boiled it dry, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, half of which nearly got poured down the sink before I realised.

Entertainment: "Aliens (1986)" with that Sigourney Weaver and that Kyle Reese.

War Factories (Colt) on Yesterday at 20:00.

Some thing about walking Roman Roads on 5+1 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Gone very grey out and the temperature is plummeting - down to 17°C out there now
    And it seems the heat had not yet seeped into the very fabric of the building, as it's down to 20°C in here now (14° outside)

Maybe I shouldn't have left the windows wide open, but I was at my desk at the back end of the room and it's warmer there than over here by the window

Meanwhile, an ambulance has turned up and is parked outside the house the other side of the doctor's