test please delete test please delete - Page 33447
Page 33447 of 33624 FirstFirst ... 32447329473334733397334373344533446334473344833449334573349733547 ... LastLast
Posts 334,461 to 334,470 of 336232

Double Godlike!

Just looked out the window. Ground is still dry. It feels very dark out but no black clouds visible.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Heavens opens up there for a minute, but it's stopped now.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Double Godlike!

chuckin it dahn in soggy sarf herts.
    just when i need to go out.
    bugrit bugrit bugrit.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Double Godlike!

Wet stuff now falling from that sky place.

My post count is Majestic

Test done

More importantly: green ring closed

The place was basically a gazebo and a few trestle tables in the far corner of the park (I entered at the diagonally opposite corner) staffed by maybe ten people with some rope cordoning it off. There was one other victim of government ineptitude just entering as I covered the last twenty yards or so to the gatekeeper bloke. I showed my QR code, and he pointed me to Trestle Table 2.

The bloke there asked me if I'd done one before and, as I hadn't, took me through it. He gave me the stick with the cotton bud on the end and told me to shove it right in the back of my throat, then counted to ten, and then I had to stick it up my nose for a count of five. Then that got packaged and I was passed along to another bloke who dealt with making sure I had a copy of the barcode and test number, told me it'll be 24-72 hours for the results (but often within 24-48 at the moment) and sent me on my way rejoicing. I'd got there about six minutes early, and was leaving the park again the way I'd come just on the stroke of noon

Then I had to choose a convoluted route home to get the green ring closed, via the nice roads up the "hill" where you seldom see another pedestrian on a sunny day, let alone in the downpour that was going on throughout this process

And so home, where I immediately got phoned by my mother, told here where I'd just been, and then had to explain multiple times that I actually felt only very mildly under the weather; and that in turn was interrupted by the landlord knocking on the door to tell me an electrician will be coming to fit a new consumer unit in the flat and check the sockets late next month, and could I take the bins out when he has an operation soon; and then back from that to my mother, and then back from that to reality. It's like Inception round here sometimes

Now to start deciding what to have for lunch

Walk walked.

The overwhelming grey dissipated a bit and there's blue patches and occasional sunshine, with no rain on the stagger.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (other crust, not as thick as the other one), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Wet stuff now falling from that sky place.
    Yep definitely.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Not raining here, but the breeze has picked up and the shade sail is pulling on its anchors. Will have to take it down.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

More fingers than teeth

Loony lady 1 on holiday with friend so walking on me own today and Saturday. Maybe I'll take me little puppet parrot for company.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Lunch (continued): two bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread.

There was some idiot blustering away on the wireless just now.

The urge to smash it was almost overwhelming.
    When the fun stops, STOP.