• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment: a bit of the first feature on the Alien bonus dvd.

Hidden Wales with Will Millard: north Wales slate mines this week.

There's some seriously deep & dangerous holes in the ground up there.

Now: Susan Calman's Secret Scotland. Mildly amusing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Careful, now! See you in a month
      or never, if NATTT gets involved again

Comment

It may be of innerest to some that Sky Arts has a Pink Floyd evening tomorrow, starting at 18:30 with PF Live, and continuing until 00:45 with assorted documentaries etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          It may be of innerest to some that Sky Arts has a Pink Floyd evening tomorrow, starting at 18:30 with PF Live, and continuing until 00:45 with assorted documentaries etc.
          Hmm... How can I get Sky Arts...

I may still have access to my brother's Sky account.

Comment

Freesat 147, Freeview 11.

Comment

Had stir fry and some merlot. Well still drinking the merlot.

That netflix film looks weird. May save it for tomorrow. I will see would "interesting" things I can find on BBC 3 or BBC 4.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Had stir fry and some merlot. Well still drinking the merlot.

That netflix film looks weird. May save it for tomorrow. I will see would "interesting" things I can find on BBC 3 or BBC 4.
                It's a little oversentimental. The photography at the beginning was superb. The kelp forest is a very interesting world and I would have liked to have learned more about that rather than the chap's slightly weird relationship with an octopus. Overall enjoyable and gentle watching.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 25 September 2020, 20:15.

Comment

Ents is now Midnight Diner on Netflix, which I was introduced to by HWMBO.

Short films based around a Tokyo diner and its regulars.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Freesat 147, Freeview 11.
                    Ooh, looks like I can get it! Well, it appears in the EPG, though that doesn't always mean the signal is good enough for the TV to show it. If it turns out to work, I'll tell the box to record it all so it doesn't interfere with my usual hectic Saturday night of walking to the Chinese and back

Comment

Soup is running a little late. It always does, because I always forget to allow time for the in-between bits like weighing out the lentils and chopping up the chicken meat

Comment

Working...
                      X