• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Don't go there. Just. Don't go there.

Although they are using some Azure native shared services as far as they can at the moment but it's mostly a lift and shift as no-one wants to do the redevelopment work.

The longer term thinking of moving the code out into functions etc just isn't there at the moment.
    Whatever, it's all mickey mouse dev stuff AFAIC.
    I'll stick to proper engineering.

Comment

Morning

I like the 2% of rain on my weather app particularly when it keeps raining.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all.

CBS and sunny here, but daresay it's a bit chilly out.

Day 2 of the incident bridge mopping up problems from a weekend routing change.

Comment

I might moan about my contract, but I've just flicked through the job boards and found a contract for a "network engineer" offering "a competitive daily rate of between £130-£144 per day (INSIDE of IR35)" - plus they have to work in Norwich...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            I might moan about my contract, but I've just flicked through the job boards and found a contract for a "network engineer" offering "a competitive daily rate of between £130-£144 per day (INSIDE of IR35)" - plus they have to work in Norwich...

That's Clients/Employers for you, anything to take advantage, its "batten down the hatches" for the next few years.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine.

Warm enough to take jacket off unlike yesterday when it took half an hour to get warm enough to stop shivering.

CBS is no more: grey/white fluffy clouds across the valley, there's tidy then, boyo.

But the sun is still shining on the righteous side of the valley.

i.e. on me.

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, Morrisons multiseed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, pippy red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2020, 11:34.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Simple traditional lunch of a wholemeal bacon bap

The knee I banged yesterday isn't too bad but grumbles slightly from time to time, so I'm skipping the exercise bicycling today to avoid exacerbating things. Instead, I'll go for a brisk walk round and about the neighbourhood later

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Not necessarily. Putting security measures in place before you fill it up is surely good practice?
                  For some reason this reminds me of the fact that the grass roller in the Centre Court at Wimbledon is too big to pass through any of the entrances. They put it there first, then built the place around it

Which in turn reminds me of when Broadcasting House was built, and their shiny new Bechstein grand piano was delivered for the Concert Hall therein. The question arose of whether it would fit through any of the entrances, and the Director of Music refused to let them try until they were certain they could get it in without damaging it. So they asked the carpenters to measure it and build a full scale replica they could experiment with. This was done, and they then found that the replica was too big to get out of the carpenters' shop

Comment

There's some incompetent lying twats infesting TWAO this afternoon.

The wireless is definitely endangered.

One of the idiots doesn't even understand his own rules.

The gift that never stops giving.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Slightly overcast now but it was sunny earlier
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X