test please delete test please delete - Page 33488
Page 33488 of 33626 FirstFirst ... 32488329883338833438334783348633487334883348933490334983353833588 ... LastLast
Posts 334,871 to 334,880 of 336259

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by covbob View Post
    The contract is up in April but I've already told the client I'm having a few weeks off.

We've just had the awkward call. Mr Third Party Expert is going to spend three weekends looking over the cabling contractors' shoulders and making sure they're doing it right. He won't configure anything or do any actual testing, he's just coming along to gee people up.
    Needless to say, if the business want to waste that money because that's what they've always done that's their lookout. No skin off my nose!

(He more or less admitted he had nothing to do the last few times we did these projects)

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think Virgin Media Business offer them, but I'm just with plain old Virgin Media.

Last time it changed, they gave me one that had previously been geolocated to some remote spot a few miles north of Neath, so that's where Google Maps insisted on starting for me for a few weeks
    Was it around the time that that Zeity cove disappeared?

Just askin' like.

Lunch: poached (but not poached enough) tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons mulitgrain toast, several bramble jelly sandwiches on same, red pipless corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30th September 2020 at 12:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

The contract is up in April but I've already told the client I'm having a few weeks off.

We've just had the awkward call. Mr Third Party Expert is going to spend three weekends looking over the cabling contractors' shoulders and making sure they're doing it right. He won't configure anything or do any actual testing, he's just coming along to gee people up.
    nice work if you can get it!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Just askin' like.

Lunch: poached (but not poached enough) tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons mulitgrain toast, several bramble jelly sandwiches on same, red pipless corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    Who is this Zeity of whom you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Just askin' like.
    Before that, I think; it's been a few years

Who is this Zeity of whom you speak?
    The Giant Alien Lizard who left in high dudgeon some years ago, apparently.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30th September 2020 at 12:22.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think Virgin Media Business offer them, but I'm just with plain old Virgin Media.

Last time it changed, they gave me one that had previously been geolocated to some remote spot a few miles north of Neath, so that's where Google Maps insisted on starting for me for a few weeks
    Yep virgin media business do but Virgin Media won't as why would any consumer want a fixed IP address. I actually don't have it for my Business account as I've never actually seen the need - I don't have anything that requires me to lock down to specific IP addresses.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Yep virgin media business do but Virgin Media won't as why would any consumer want a fixed IP address. I actually don't have it for my Business account as I've never actually seen the need - I don't have anything that requires me to lock down to specific IP addresses.
    Apart from remote debugging, I have it mainly configured for inbound rules on AWS Security Groups. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if they even take domain names or if they're restricted to IP addresses and ranges.

Lunch suitable for the grey, damp day: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with both kinds of bread