test please delete test please delete - Page 33492
Page 33492 of 33626 FirstFirst ... 32492329923339233442334823349033491334923349333494335023354233592 ... LastLast
Posts 334,911 to 334,920 of 336259

Contractor Among Contractors

Well, I put in my application to Local Uni Job just before the closing time (forgot it was tonight - oops!).

No supporting statement but included my CV which is very detailed....

My post count is Majestic

Tonight's epic was Star Trek: Generations (1994). I was under the impression that I'd never seen this one, but it turned out I had seen the last hour or so of it; maybe it was on the telly one night when I came in from the pub. Or it could have been a Sunday afternoon, such as this showing in 2002. It's quite possible I got up late that day and only caught the last hour, as I'd almost certainly have been to a now-gone bar in town after the pub on the Saturday night and not got home until three or four.

Anyway, I believe it's one of those that isn't reckoned to be much cop by those who reckon such things, but I thought it was pretty good really

The only bit that should have been ruthlessly excised was the stuff about Data gaining emotions. It seems like every time they do this plot device they try to work in a humorous angle, and they shouldn't, because they're terrible at it. The gulf between writing space opera and writing comedy is a wide one, and once again they demonstrated that they can't bridge it. Stick with the ray guns and exploding planets, folks

Meanwhile, back in the 21st century here, the sky cleared up enough for the nearly-full moon to make a slightly veiled appearance, but apparently it'll cloud over again, and maybe rain some more

Goodnight all

Morning.

Dark but not raining
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Morning all

Looks wet out.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Double Godlike!

Morning
    Thursday
    dark
    damp
    dreary
    king billy
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

Decidedly moist in my manor this morning.

You guys watch loads of TV & movies! You'll burn out the pixels, soon enough test please delete
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Double Godlike!

Morning all

Feels dark out. Not sure if it's because it's overcast, or later sunrise, or both. Currently 12 degrees and dry with a forecast high of 15 later and the cloud giving way to some sunshine. High chance of rain this evening. Barometer down to 997 mBar.

First coffee has been drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by covbob View Post
    Well, I put in my application to Local Uni Job just before the closing time (forgot it was tonight - oops!).

No supporting statement but included my CV which is very detailed....

Good luck!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Morning denizens

Grey but dry out; 10°C and not destined to get much beyond 13° later, possibly accompanied by showers

I had a rubbish night's sleep, much disturbed by weird and unsettling dreams

One hypothesis I've formulated is that this is because I still have the summer duvet on the bed and it just isn't warm enough; I wasn't exactly cold, but it definitely wasn't toasty. An alternative hypothesis is that it was due to having a pot of tea late afternoon, as I'm not used to having caffeine at that time of day. But it seems unlikely it would still be affecting me so much ten or more hours later.

I'll have to remember to change to the medium duvet today and see if I sleep better tonight. If so, I can then reintroduce the teapot to the equation and determine if that has any influence

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Tired so I'm going to be scummy and leave the washing up to do in the morning.

I will regret this decision in the morning but that's tomorrow's problem.

Washing up has been done. I stacked it all neatly and then did it in stages in between meetings, while making coffee.