test please delete test please delete - Page 33493
Page 33493 of 33638 FirstFirst ... 32493329933339333443334833349133492334933349433495335033354333593 ... LastLast
Posts 334,921 to 334,930 of 336374

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Clear blue sky.

Slightly cooler. 17.1 deg.

998 mBar and 65% RH.

Thursday.

It transpires that yesterday's leap over the overflowing leat was not a good idea since the left knee is complaining quite a lot.

Ho hum.

You can't win, sometimes you can't even break even.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Grey but dry out; 10°C and not destined to get much beyond 13° later, possibly accompanied by showers

I had a rubbish night's sleep, much disturbed by weird and unsettling dreams

One hypothesis I've formulated is that this is because I still have the summer duvet on the bed and it just isn't warm enough; I wasn't exactly cold, but it definitely wasn't toasty. An alternative hypothesis is that it was due to having a pot of tea late afternoon, as I'm not used to having caffeine at that time of day. But it seems unlikely it would still be affecting me so much ten or more hours later.

I'll have to remember to change to the medium duvet today and see if I sleep better tonight. If so, I can then reintroduce the teapot to the equation and determine if that has any influence
    DO keep us posted on developments, the excitement is palpable
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    DO keep us posted on developments, the excitement is palpable
    Agreed. It sounds like a fine experiment.

I keep my 13 10.5 tog duvet on all year round as I can't be dealing with changing weights of coverings. If I'm too hot in the summer, I just kick the cover off or stick a leg out.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 1st October 2020 at 08:50. Reason: wrong tog weight!

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    You guys watch loads of TV & movies! You'll burn out the pixels, soon enough test please delete
    In my defence, I seldom have the TV on before 10pm other than watching a bit of rubbish (usually on Pick or a similar channel of repeats) while I eat

But speaking of Pick, they're starting ST:DS9 from the beginning today at 18:00. I must series record that as I haven't seen any of it since it was first on, and maybe it'll be something to watch when I finally get to the end of ST:TNG

Super poster

10pm usually has me in bed listening to "The World Tonight" on R4. I don't think that I have ever managed to listen to all the episodes of "Book of The Week", without falling asleep at some point (or "Book at Bedtime" - ladymuck)
    Last edited by Scruff; 1st October 2020 at 11:06. Reason: ladymuck...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    10pm usually has me in bed listening to "The World Tonight" on R4. I don't think that I have ever managed to listen to all the episodes of "Book of The Week", without falling asleep at some point.
    I tend to miss Book of the Week (didn't it used to be called Book at Bedtime?) but it's repeated in the day time so not so much a problem to catch up on. Similarly, I end up missing The World Tonight, which is good when I remember to put it on.

I used to like the 11pm funny half hour but it's gone a bit naff lately. Today in Parliament at 11:30pm can be interesting but I'm usually asleep by the end of it.

Sunny.

Walk walked in the glorious autumnal sunshine.

Managed to pick up an addition to my footwear which took a bit of getting rid of just now.

Two chem trails observed within 5 minutes of each other, one a heavy, the other notsoheavy.

Knee held up ok, didn't complain until I came back downstairs after the much needed wee (it's my age, see?).

I had the opportunity to purchase DS9 in one of those charity emporia, but declined so to do.

Could have done the same with Farscape and didn't do that either.

I've never seen the boxset with the Wig Wearing War Criminal in any charity shoppe.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I tend to miss Book of the Week (didn't it used to be called Book at Bedtime?) but it's repeated in the day time so not so much a problem to catch up on.
    There's a book reading at 09:45 that's repeated at 00:30 (currently Agent Sonya).

The book reading at 12:05 is repeated at 22:45 (i.e. book at bedtime, currently "The vanishing futurist").

And there's a third, the book reading in "Woman's Hour" at 10:45 which is repeated at 19:45 (currently "Broken English").

Glad we've cleared that up.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1st October 2020 at 10:37.

My post count is Majestic

The remaining lamb has been taken off the bone, and bone plus veg set on low in the slow cooker, with the Scotch broth forecast to arrive around 9pm tonight

And I've remembered to set the pea-barley-lentil-and-so-on mix to soak for a few hours; sometimes I forget, which doesn't seem to matter so much in the slow cooker but it's probably better to do it properly

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Winter's coming. The Rayburn is lit.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

There was some chap waffling away on You & Yours just now about how his one man company was still generating £1000 payslips for him even though he wasn't getting the money out of the company, so it screwed up his UC claim.

WTF would you do that?

Generate a P45 FFS.