test please delete test please delete - Page 33494
Page 33494 of 33641 FirstFirst ... 32494329943339433444334843349233493334943349533496335043354433594 ... LastLast
Posts 334,931 to 334,940 of 336405

Super poster

Charentais Melon ice-cream in the Cuisinart. Made with Coconut sugar, which gives it a slight twist, as opposed to Caster sugar.

Garden inspection carried out, post hollow-tining just before we went to France. This and the rain over the past week has really made the grass come to life! Tomatoes are never going to ripen so they will come out end of October.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Winter's coming. The Rayburn is lit.
    Please put a penny in the Worst Mod's hat?

Double Godlike!

Off to the Post Office.

Does anyone want anything while I'm out?

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    There was some chap waffling away on You & Yours just now about how his one man company was still generating £1000 payslips for him even though he wasn't getting the money out of the company, so it screwed up his UC claim.

WTF would you do that?

Generate a P45 FFS.
    You don't even need a P45 - you can still claim UC while operating a one-being limited company. They treat the company's incomings and outgoings as yours for the purpose of calculation, so if the company isn't making any money it's the same as if you aren't. He just needs to turn the payroll off

Just sat through an IPSE webinar on IR35. Hearing it all set out like that gets you wondering if back in March somebody in Whitehall took down a folder labelled "IR35 Plan", crossed out "IR35" and wrote in "Coronavirus", then just followed the instructions inside; it's all much of an ill-thought-out muchness

Lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce wholemeal bap

Might have a bag of crisps in a bit too.

The rain has stopped and there's the occasional glimmer of sunshine; if it carries on like this, I'll go for a walk in a bit rather than exercise bicycling

Shopping delivered.

Sun came out.

Then the sink sprung a leak. (One of the not connected joints in the waste trap underneath plug/cap has gone.) Chucked everything out of the cupboard onto the kitchen floor, mopped up the water, shoved a bucket under the sink and worked out what bit I needed. Noticed that as long as I don't turn the taps on a lot I can still use the sink.

When out to get the plug/cap. Couldn't find it in the local DIY shop. Did some other errands.

Hunted online for the part and found that a local plumbing merchant will have it tomorrow if I order it. Part ordered and paid for.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Oh and thanks to Lady Muck I've submitted my company accounts to my accountant and nearly collated all my self-assessment information to give to my accountant. I'm missing one bit of information which should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Double Godlike!

I got up to the Post Office, using one of the self-service tills to send my parcels, then over the road to Waitrose to pick up some odds and sods and back home in 40 minutes.

Pretty good going I thought.

Good news as my washing machine is plumbed in further along I can still use it. So have.

Just can't use the dishwasher which is plumbed into the sink waste.

Quite Simpsonesque out now, though only 12°C apparently

The chestnut tree is still largely green; it started turning some weeks ago, then seems to have decided to hold off on it for a bit. But during the course of this week it's got back on track, as evidenced by the leaves shrivelling enough allowing me to see a little more of the far side of the road through the gaps. I reckon it'll be getting to a golden colour in the next week or so.