• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny.

Walk walked in the glorious autumnal sunshine.

Managed to pick up an addition to my footwear which took a bit of getting rid of just now.

Two chem trails observed within 5 minutes of each other, one a heavy, the other notsoheavy.

Knee held up ok, didn't complain until I came back downstairs after the much needed wee (it's my age, see?).

I had the opportunity to purchase DS9 in one of those charity emporia, but declined so to do.

Could have done the same with Farscape and didn't do that either.

I've never seen the boxset with the Wig Wearing War Criminal in any charity shoppe.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I tend to miss Book of the Week (didn't it used to be called Book at Bedtime?) but it's repeated in the day time so not so much a problem to catch up on.
    There's a book reading at 09:45 that's repeated at 00:30 (currently Agent Sonya).

The book reading at 12:05 is repeated at 22:45 (i.e. book at bedtime, currently "The vanishing futurist").

And there's a third, the book reading in "Woman's Hour" at 10:45 which is repeated at 19:45 (currently "Broken English").

Glad we've cleared that up.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2020, 10:37.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The remaining lamb has been taken off the bone, and bone plus veg set on low in the slow cooker, with the Scotch broth forecast to arrive around 9pm tonight

And I've remembered to set the pea-barley-lentil-and-so-on mix to soak for a few hours; sometimes I forget, which doesn't seem to matter so much in the slow cooker but it's probably better to do it properly

Comment

Winter's coming. The Rayburn is lit.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There was some chap waffling away on You & Yours just now about how his one man company was still generating £1000 payslips for him even though he wasn't getting the money out of the company, so it screwed up his UC claim.

WTF would you do that?

Generate a P45 FFS.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Charentais Melon ice-cream in the Cuisinart. Made with Coconut sugar, which gives it a slight twist, as opposed to Caster sugar.

Garden inspection carried out, post hollow-tining just before we went to France. This and the rain over the past week has really made the grass come to life! Tomatoes are never going to ripen so they will come out end of October.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Winter's coming. The Rayburn is lit.
              Please put a penny in the Worst Mod's hat?

Comment

Off to the Post Office.

Does anyone want anything while I'm out?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  There was some chap waffling away on You & Yours just now about how his one man company was still generating £1000 payslips for him even though he wasn't getting the money out of the company, so it screwed up his UC claim.

WTF would you do that?

Generate a P45 FFS.
                  You don't even need a P45 - you can still claim UC while operating a one-being limited company. They treat the company's incomings and outgoings as yours for the purpose of calculation, so if the company isn't making any money it's the same as if you aren't. He just needs to turn the payroll off

Comment

Just sat through an IPSE webinar on IR35. Hearing it all set out like that gets you wondering if back in March somebody in Whitehall took down a folder labelled "IR35 Plan", crossed out "IR35" and wrote in "Coronavirus", then just followed the instructions inside; it's all much of an ill-thought-out muchness

Lunch has been a roast pork and apple sauce wholemeal bap

Might have a bag of crisps in a bit too.

The rain has stopped and there's the occasional glimmer of sunshine; if it carries on like this, I'll go for a walk in a bit rather than exercise bicycling

Comment

Shopping delivered.

Sun came out.

Then the sink sprung a leak. (One of the not connected joints in the waste trap underneath plug/cap has gone.) Chucked everything out of the cupboard onto the kitchen floor, mopped up the water, shoved a bucket under the sink and worked out what bit I needed. Noticed that as long as I don't turn the taps on a lot I can still use the sink.

When out to get the plug/cap. Couldn't find it in the local DIY shop. Did some other errands.

Hunted online for the part and found that a local plumbing merchant will have it tomorrow if I order it. Part ordered and paid for.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X