test please delete test please delete - Page 33587
Page 33587 of 33779 FirstFirst ... 32587330873348733537335773358533586335873358833589335973363733687 ... LastLast
Posts 335,861 to 335,870 of 337784

My post count is Majestic

Ribs and chips for tea

What I need is some way of generating substantial quantities of passive income so I can spend all my time reading stuff that might be suitable for Monday Links

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Had another poke about to see if I could find any trace of my Granddad in the Irish records. Nada. Can't find him on the 1911 Census in UK or Ireland, or his parents either. It's like they totally skipped town and resurfaced in the mid-1930's in Surrey.
    Did he actually use his birth name?

It was very easy in days gone by to change your name and lie about your age.

I know people aged 40+ who have been using a different lastname from the one they were born with since they were children. Now due to all the proof you need to open bank accounts etc you can't do it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    What I need is some way of generating substantial quantities of passive income so I can spend all my time reading stuff that might be suitable for Monday Links
    Sort of £75k p.a.?

I'm sure there was someone on here who could have advised on that.

The Magnificent Seven Ride! duly rode and thankfully fecked off after a mere 1 hr & 36 mins, not including the 2 mins 02 seconds of the trailer.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Just found the new gaff that WTFH is moving to

A luxurious manor with 67 bedrooms has just gone on the market | Metro News

Looks a bit pokey to me, must have fallen on hard times.

The dog (TW) is getting on a bit so needs a smaller crib.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Did he actually use his birth name?

It was very easy in days gone by to change your name and lie about your age.

I know people aged 40+ who have been using a different lastname from the one they were born with since they were children. Now due to all the proof you need to open bank accounts etc you can't do it.
    Well I have gone with the name he was known by that matches his wedding certificate... Not aware of any other names for him

Need to convince my Gran to sign the forms so I can have a look at his Army records in case there's anything useful in there.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Me too! I have read those self help, 4 hour working week nonsense books and I have yet to work out how to put it into practise.

As it's due to cease being Included with Prime in a couple of days, I thought I'd watch Charlie's Angels (2000), but it was such intolerable tripe that it lasted approximately five minutes before I gave up

Instead, and in a rather different vein, I watched Des (TV Mini-Series 2020– ), the recent ITV dramatisation of Dennis Nielsen's arrest and trial. Very good indeed

ITV seem to have really got the knack of these true crime things. The one about Fred and Rose West a few years ago, Appropriate Adult, was also extremely good, as was Code of a Killer about the first use of DNA profiling in the hunt for that Colin Pitchfork from down the road

Goodnight all

Banned

Morning all.
    Black
    overcast
    not so KB
    Tuesday

Well I have gone with the name he was known by that matches his wedding certificate... Not aware of any other names for him

Need to convince my Gran to sign the forms so I can have a look at his Army records in case there's anything useful in there.
    So there is a family secret no one is telling you.

Bet it's boring by today's standards.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR