• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This lifted my mood today, maybe someone should start a good news thread to counteract the miserable feckers.

Paul Harvey: Single gives '''new lease of life''' to composer with dementia - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      This lifted my mood today, maybe someone should start a good news thread to counteract the miserable feckers.

Paul Harvey: Single gives '''new lease of life''' to composer with dementia - BBC News
      People might not be aware that his son, Nick Harvey, is the guy who coined the word "wankpuffin" for a Christmas Night joke tweet a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

I heard that on the radio this morning. It's a lovely piece

Took a bit of rummaging but here's the BBC Philharmonic version
        BBC - BBC Philharmonic, Four Notes, Paul's Tune
        Last edited by ladymuck; 25 October 2020, 18:22.

Comment

I decided to give Temple (TV Mini-Series 2019– ) - IMDb a watch, seeing as I'd downloaded the episodes a year ago. Noticed that the second series was supposed to start filming earlier this year for airing about now. I'm guessing that didn't happen.

Comment

Feck it's only 7.30pm. I thought it was coming up to bed time

EDIT: in light of this bombshell, I have decided to watch The Old Guard (2020) - IMDb
            Last edited by ladymuck; 25 October 2020, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Lot of it about

I might get to bed "earlier" than usual tonight, having had to be up "early"; but of course it's actually all just the same times with different labels stuck on them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The moon's looking in from over the road
                I noticed it earlier when out locking up the salting house.

In other news, the Foot to which The Toe is attached is slightly swollen but at least The Toe is a more reasonable colour now.

Entertainment: Thing on BBC4 about wheat farming in Britain from the 30s to the noughties.

Now: feck all I was innerested in so it's off.

Next: The Oak Island nutjobs at 21:00 on Blaze, wherein, at a guess, we find a) yet more wood and b) bits of iron and maybe c) a coin or some form of jewelry .

Considering the amount of money they've poured down that hole they'd have to find Fort Knox down there to make it worthwhile.

<hiatus>

Nutjobs: last week in the Smith's Cove "bumpout" they found a timber structure.

On excavating to the side of it they find there's cobbles forming some sort of ?water channel? along with timber that goes down quite a distance.

The excitement is palpable.

As expected, Gary just found a cribbing spike.

Now Corjan Mol, another nutjob with theories about baroque French paintings.

From which he extracts a pentagram which predicts something in The Swamp.

"The Ark of the Coventant" gets a mention, along with, you guessed it, the Knights that Say Ni! Templar.

Now they're going to do ground penetrating radar from a boat in the swamp.

It's gonna get messy.

And lo! they've found an anomaly 3 metres down more or less where the painting nutjob pointed to.

Meanwhile they're digging in the wooden box structure in the bumpout in Smith's Cove.

And find a platfrom. How deep does this structure go?

But before exploring that they're going to look at more of the bumpout area.

Meanwhile it's back to the drilling rig, where, surprise! they find More Wood.

Where's Gary gone?

Out of the drilling comes: More Wood. Possibly a corner of Shaft 2.

The excitement is palpably palpable.

Next they need to figure out the orientation of Shaft 2.

Another hole: plank of wood.

Next dendrochronology to figure out when the wood was cut.

1796, Shaft 2 being 1805.

Oooer, Mrs.

With that, tune in next week for More Wood.

And they find: More Wood, Big Wood.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2020, 21:58.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea: chicken and chips

Comment

Rain stopped a while back, and supposedly is done for the night. Going to head out for a short walk to get the green ring topped up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

EDIT: in light of this bombshell, I have decided to watch The Old Guard (2020) - IMDb
                      It was an entertaining enough fillum. Somewhat predictable in parts but easy watching with a decent premise (who doesn't love a manical rich guy with a secret lab run by a scientist with questionable ethics?) and lots of kicky fighty.

Comment

Working...
                      X