test please delete test please delete - Page 33628
Page 33628 of 33765 FirstFirst ... 32628331283352833578336183362633627336283362933630336383367833728 ... LastLast
Posts 336,271 to 336,280 of 337646

Double Godlike!

Morning all

It's dull, overcast, and wet out this morning. Not actively raining at present but there's a 100% chance of further precipitation today which ought to stop early evening. Currently 9 degrees with a forecast high of 14. Barometer up to 999 mBar.

First coffee has been made.

Bins have been collected, as in taken from where I placed them on my patio top step and collated into the pile on the street where they will be picked up later. Silly environmental recycling technician then came down into my patio to look for more bags! I put my refuse bags up the top so they don't have to waste time doing that. Maybe they felt they needed the exercise.

Morning all

Wet.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Grey/white sky.

Sunless.

15.8 deg in here.

994 mBar and 66%RH.

Tuesday.

Was woken by much thumping outside so got up.

No sign of activity other than one of those little litter picker truck things on the other side of the road cleaning the gutters, or as much of the gutter as the parked cars allow.

The Toe is still complaining.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Morning all

Back in the Surrey residence. Currently raining and 8C, but a pleasant walk earlier.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Grey, showery day out, currently 9°C but soaring to 13° later

Had a very good night's sleep; well, I assume I did, as I don't remember it and woke feeling quite refreshed

Morning

Raining. Has been raining since approximately 7.10am

Grey skies.

Not cold though.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Still grey and damp

Sorted out some stuff in the calamity of piled-up crap that is my bedroom. Several bags-worth of things that need to go down to the Oxfam clothes/fabrics bank at Sainsbury's have already been revealed, but they're a bit musty in parts so I should probably give them a wash first

This means I won't be able to get them there before the electrician chap arrives in the morning, so shoving them under the bed seems like the best option, which means I have to sort out whatever crap is already under the bed

I suspect I'll finish up carting a bunch of stuff down to be stored in the cars first thing tomorrow morning. He needs enough space to set up a stepladder to test the light socket once he's replaced the consumer unit and also to be able to get to the wall sockets, and it's a very small room so that won't be possible if I still have stuff sitting around in there waiting to be disposed off. And for the same reason, it'll be in the way if I put it anywhere else inside the flat. So turning the cars into skips temporarily seems like the only option

It's such a hassle that I'm tempted to go and clean the bathroom or kitchen instead, just to put it off without feeling too guilty

On the bright side, the state of that bedroom has been gnawing at my soul since forever, so I'll feel a lot happier once it's finally dealt with

Contractor Among Contractors

Hello all.

Rather grey and dank here, plus I have a headache.

Lunch: Heinz pea and ham soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's such a miserable day that aside from popping up the Post Office to buy the tv times, I've spent the morning reading the current book "Surrender: how British industry gave up the ghost 1952 - 2012".

It is remarkably revealing of the stunning incompetence of it all.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

I believe there has been rain off and on throughout the morning but I've not paid much attention to it.

Contemplating what to have for lunch but not feeling especially hungry. I did get some bread delivered on Sunday so maybe some toast will do.

bored now

Just been down the village sorted out a couple of parcels and got my hair cut.

It's the last day for that barber before she moves into a new shop in the next estate along so I'm glad I found today before it was too late. It just means that in future I will need to get the car out.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment