• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freecell score: 86%, running average 83%.

The intermittent sunshine departed to be replaced by the equally intermittent squall with rain hail & murrain of beasts for good measure.

Lunch, once the sun is over the yard arm, is poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrison sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, thick), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrison multigrain bread, corner yog of some kind (probaby red), and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Can't settle to anything today since there's noise from next door, dunno when the fecking roofers are turning up, my foot is stopping me going for a walk which would provide at least some small pleasure.

Ho very hum.

Picked up a novel to read & put it down again, so that theory didn't work.

O woe woe & thrice woe as someone once said.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 November 2020, 11:52.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And just when I'm busy with something else entirely my gcloud offerings have picked up a possible / probably customer.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In the pOrifices again today. Very very quiet, not much in the line of conversation going on. How dull...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Caught the end of Bargain Hunt before the news. It's gone socially distanced, leading to some rather odd camera angles as they try to get everyone in shot at the same time

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

I have discovered that I don't like Cocoa Pops Rocks. They look like dog biscuits and have a horrible taste and texture.

Comment

Tea towel wash on

Meanwhile in the bathroom, the bathmat finally dried in front of the fire yesterday and is back doing excellent work

Comment

Lunch was some excellent left over chicken that HWMBO had made yesterday. Inspired by the Portuguese Frango Assado with homemade piri piri sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I have discovered that I don't like Cocoa Pops Rocks. They look like dog biscuits and have a horrible taste and texture.
                  My first thought was why on earth did you think you might like them in the first place.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    My first thought was why on earth did you think you might like them in the first place.
                    I opened the wrong box and felt committed to trying them.

Comment

Rain shower just went through.

The Wife (tm) has just gone for a hair cut.

The rain clouds are clearing, creating a very yellow sky

The Dog (tw) shall be walked shortly
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X