test please delete test please delete - Page 33696
Page 33696 of 33973 FirstFirst ... 32696331963359633646336863369433695336963369733698337063374633796 ... LastLast
Posts 336,951 to 336,960 of 339727

Contractor Among Contractors

Grey, wet, miserable. Weather same.

Beecham's drunk.

Idly wondering if bathrooms can be repaired during lockdown or if I need to order some buckets from Amazon.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 12°C

Forecast to rain tonight though

I went online to order my monthly prescription last night. Last month I had to do it by phone as the medication review thing that triggers every six months, even though I only have an actual review once a month, was active. So I phoned them up and they assured me it was fine… and turns out they haven't cleared the relevant flag, so now I'm going to have to phone them up again

Just click the checkbox and click the "Update" button, nurse/receptionist. It's not that sodding hard

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 12°C

Forecast to rain tonight though

I went online to order my monthly prescription last night. Last month I had to do it by phone as the medication review thing that triggers every six months, even though I only have an actual review once a month, was active. So I phoned them up and they assured me it was fine… and turns out they haven't cleared the relevant flag, so now I'm going to have to phone them up again

Just click the checkbox and click the "Update" button, nurse/receptionist. It's not that sodding hard
    It's both
    1)above their pay grade
    2) Computer says NO
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Phoned the doctor's, listened to the irrelevant message about Covid-19, then got the relevant message saying calls not to do with appointments or home visits today should be made after 10:30

Called again after 10:30, listened to all of the above again. Then five minutes on hold, then twenty seconds to sort everything out and be told it would be fine from now on

Though that's what they said the other month when this happened…

More fingers than teeth

Morning all

Overcast and whilst not currently raining, it soon will be. It's 12 degrees and that's as good as it's going to get today.

It's Wednesday so that means the weekend is in sight! Hurray.

Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post

Beecham's drunk.

Idly wondering if bathrooms can be repaired during lockdown or if I need to order some buckets from Amazon.

That will explain the closures then..
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Nice But Dim

Morning all

Grey, chilly, breezy, but dry and visibility is back above 50 yards again.

POC for the location of the Xmas tree* in the front garden completed.

Next job is to cut some legs the right height to make the platform it will stand on sit level, as the garden is on a not inconsiderable slope. The last of the cannibalised upright sections from the dead gazebo should do the job, having the advantage of already having round flat feet welded to the ends, complete with holes for pegging down. The main parts went into the frame for the platform, topped with some offcuts of chipboard floorboards.

Once thats done then I need to sort out where I'm going to put the eye bolts for the guy wires, paint the boards to waterproof them, fix the actual tree stand to them and we should be good to go.

Getting it put up will be fun this year with just two of us, in the past we've had to call in reinforcements which isn't going to be happening this year.

Christ knows what the neighbours are going to think of it.

*It stands about 30ft high and was bought by MrsB via eBay a few years ago, whilst under the influence of of a cocktail of painkillers, red wine and antibiotics. The sellers drove down from Liverpool to Nottinghamshire with it the next day and arrived at 09:30 on a Sunday morning. I think they were worried she might changed her mind. When asked how they got it the husband simply replied "The Mother-in-Law" and left it at that.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post

Beecham's drunk.

They can provided you don't need to be self isolating for any reason.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Roof 3/4 removed and new felt & wood installed.

It rained a bit earlier, but mostly a heavy sort of drizzle.

Full on murrain of beasts forecast for later.

Definition of madness: replacing a roof in fecking November.

Not my idea but if it's going to be done next door then it might just as well be done this side as well.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (non crust since the crust is thin on this loaf), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, I put my back out whilst potching down the garden, which is moderately uncomfortable but there you go.

Instead of that I'm now going through 60 odd years (& some of them were almost as odd as 2020) of birthday cards, most from people who are gone, some long gone, and others gone but not so long.

Once that lot are sorted (keeping representative samples where needed), Ye Greate Conflagratione of Neathe will be that much closer.

Still wondering if my great aunt maud's collection of news clippings for the Coronation and other happenings would be suitable for starting the fire off.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Tomato and lentil soup for lunch. Doesn't taste like much.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears