• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sorted through a pile of crap in the corner of the room. Among it was a box for a 1TB USB drive. I grabbed it to add to the recycling pile… 1TB USB drive inside, never used

It's not the first time that's happened either

Comment

Most important shopping trip of the year completed: the one where the double Nectar points offer means, effectively, lots of stuff for no actual money

I didn't invest any of the bounty in kitchen appliances this year, so the whole lot went on wine instead. There's now quite a lot of That White Wine That's Not Bad For The Price™ in the flat

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Greta hates a TD.
        i suspect Greta's mummy or daddy deals with most of her laundry....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Most important shopping trip of the year completed: the one where the double Nectar points offer means, effectively, lots of stuff for no actual money

I didn't invest any of the bounty in kitchen appliances this year, so the whole lot went on wine instead. There's now quite a lot of That White Wine That's Not Bad For The Price™ in the flat
          I don't have many nectar points this year....but next year.....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Are they giving you a probe?
            Cease and desist notice.

CUK bum-related innuendos are copyright of xoggoth.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Cease and desist notice.

CUK bum-related innuendos are copyright of xoggoth.

You have a vivid imagination as I didn't mention what part of the body they could be probing.....

Comment

Just opened a small cupboard that I thought I'd decided to keep stationery in and found several pairs of jeans in there. I'd been wondering where they'd gone

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was a couple of Southern not-fried chicken thighs from the lukewarm food counter

Not free, but I was late enough that they were half price - 80p the pair

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Greta hates a TD.
                    It's a Miele A+++ low energy one.

Hammering done with.

Roof on.

Unfortunately they forgot the vent for the gas fire next door so that's pencilled in for Tuesday afternoon.

Tea: Tesco breaded ?cod?, stewed Granny Smith's and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just sorted through a pile of crap in the corner of the room. Among it was a box for a 1TB USB drive. I grabbed it to add to the recycling pile… 1TB USB drive inside, never used

It's not the first time that's happened either

Happens to me too. though mine tend to be 500Gb.

Come to think of it there's a couple of 200Gb IDE drives up in the front room, bought just in case they came in useful.

Which, so far, they haven't.

Then again, there's loads of 2nd hand drives from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde scrap PCs.

Just in case, like.

This morning whilst I was ironing said shirts, the wireless hanging of the scaffolding in the British Standard way starting playing something I thought I knew.

Eventually it turned out to be:

Eric Prydz VS Pink Floyd - 'Proper Education' (Official Video) - YouTube
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 November 2020, 17:10.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The neighbourhood suddenly started ringing with repeated cataclysmic sounds, like someone was having the Tyne Bridge delivered in kit form and it was being dumped from tipper trucks, several components at a time

After this had gone on at intervals for several minutes, I went out to investigate. It was hard to be sure where it was coming from, so I went out the back first. The next volley suggested it was somewhere past Iceland, so I headed that way. Turned out it was some Fast & Furious type, parked under the railway bridge - whether for the reverb or just by chance, I don't know - who was either testing his car out or just trying to get it working. Dunno if he was revving or testing a nitro system or what, but whatever it was made flames shoot out of his exhaust accompanied by the cataclysmic noises, to the consternation of pedestrians including one woman with a pushchair who turned back to head for the pedestrian crossing so she could get by on the other side instead

I carried on past and around the block, figuring while I was out I might as well clock up some exercise for the green ring. Up on the road parallel to this, near their railway bridge, a tall black guy I don't know from Adam who was about to go into a house there called out "Is that guy still making that racket down there?" to me as I passed. I said he was, and the guy laughed and said "Yeah, I was walking down there just now and it scared the life out of me!" We both had a laugh about the flames out of the exhaust, and I continued home.

Only a few more minutes left to fill the green ring now, so I'll blag that popping to the Amazon Locker later

Occasional cataclysmic outbursts are still happening from time to time. Somebody should tell him the damn thing's supposed to move, not just sit there under a railway

Comment

Working...
                      X