• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Have they put the testcard up? The widescreen testcard is quite seldom seen; not like the good old days when the 4:3 one was on for much of the day
    Nah they had a red screen with some wording on it, a weird blank white screen, the red screen again, then the programme started and ran without any sound for about 3 minutes. Then the sound started and they went to the red screen again before the programme kicked in.

The announcer kept apologising.

It's only Panorama from Northern Ireland....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wasting dosh. Bought copy of Paint.net on Microsoft store, not realising it was online and not a a download. Then couldn't use it 'cos I signed in with old details which are different to the user ID on my PC. Seems I have to register my device, didn't say that when I brought it! Then today on my shop I brought a copy of Viz and realised when I got home that I'd already read it! Wasted a whole £9.59 today! About to kill myself!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment: TBD but it won't include Octopussy.
        "The Russia House (1990)" with that Sean Connery chap and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Amusing enough in its way.

And not Bond so even better.

<hiatus>

Now on Blaze: "Why does everyone hate the English" with that Al Murray chap.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 November 2020, 21:33.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Now watching OC that aired earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            *racks brains trying to remember*

Mythic Beasts? I moved one of my domains over to them (email hosting only at the moment) and it all went extremely smoothly, so you should be OK
            Yes, Mythic Beasts. All my domains have been moved over and they've been very patient with my numpty questions while I figured out how to move everything. I set up a basic wordpress site for myCo's website and was pleased by the ease of config and speed of loading so decided to take the plunge with my brother's band site that I set up back when there was some optimism about the world returning to some normality.

Comment

Early entertainment: Seinfeld S2E6, The Statue (TV Episode 1991) - IMDb. Entertaining enough; I don't watch the show that often as it can start to grate a little after a while, but I'll get through it eventually

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Watched UC. HWMBO and I managed about 5 questions.

Comment

Whilst eating, and after as eating didn't take that long, I watched this thing on iPlayer about a conwoman: Catch Her if You Can.

And then I had a bit more TV-free time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Warmish at 16.1 deg in here.