• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Dare I say it, you might come to miss that scaffolding when it gets taken away

Yup, it's come in very handy over the last couple of days or so.

And much more professionally erected than the flybynight crap that was put up for the rerendering back in 2011.

One had to be very careful on that due to missing boards.

<hiatus>

Tea: the last of the roast beef with carrots & onions (very fiery this week), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Kennedys at 21:00 on More4.

The Plague thing on 5+1 at 22:00.

One or other of the commentaries on Octopussy.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 November 2020, 18:16.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Waiting for a Hermes parcel.

Had one earlier but no they cannot co-ordinate delivery.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I made a cocktail (mezcal based) and HWMBO made a cocktail (aquavit based).

HWMBO has cooked a spatchcock devilled poussin with roasted veg and okra.

I opened a bottle of Bordeaux.

Watching MasterChef

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          And I think I should now have enough room in the freezer for the lamb stew that will soon be taking over; for I have a whole shoulder of lamb to roast, and a good-sized one too
          So tea was a roast lamb dinner, and extremely nice it was

Comment

Omelettes for dinner (unfortunately not our own eggs).
            V tasty, even if I say so myself
            Washed down with some red wine, finished off with sloe gin (vintage 2018)

The Wife (tm) has decreed that I should reduce my night-time drugs to see how I feel.

If I’m posting here around 4am, expect me to ban someone.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Didn't bother with telly tonight apart from some suitably mindless Police Interceptors whilst eating

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                If I’m posting here around 4am, expect me to ban someone.

NAT reincarnated!!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dark waters a cracking movie about corporate responsibility.

Worth a watch and pelican brief / runaway jury / Erin Brockovich standard. (High praise)

Comment

Tea was roast lamb in crockpot. Butchers best and very nice it was too.

Comment

So (second) Hermes parcel didn't arrive as they couldn't find my address.

Then the chip shop was closed due to a technical problem - or more likely me and the other bloke who wanted chips were too late as the owner had got pissed off with no customers so closed for the night.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X